WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Nice pics.....if the young fella is anything like mine were he is probably already reaching for the keys and steering wheel

8POUND

Good to see photos of you and your family building awesome memories together. Rig is definitely looking great!

WJCO

Meme King
Did a transfer case service today along with a skid plate. Not all WJs came stock with the transfer case, but if you find a stock one, it mounts right up. I did have to modify it a little due to my lift kit. My existing lift kit has a transfer case crossmember drop on it of about an inch, so the skid plate wouldn't reach the frame without matching that.

0729161329a.jpg

The OEM flag nuts that would be inside the frame are expensive and only come from the dealer. On my rig, being that the factory flag nuts weren't present in the frame, I tack welded some nuts on the frame and bought some spacers at ACE. I just made sure the spacers would go around the nuts and welded them to the skid plate I got used off of eBay.

0729161329.jpg

0729161341.jpg

Painted everything up and mounted it on. Took about an hour for everything. The skid plate bottom is the exact height as the crossmember so I didn't really lose any ground clearance and now the tcase is more protected.

0729161414.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Looks good. What are spacers made of? Aluminum or steel I hope?

Thanks. They're steel. I was going to make my own but stumbled across them at ace. In the fasteners section, they have a ton of different ones. Wish I had known years ago. They are galvanized so you aren't suppose to weld them, but I did anyways.

WJCO

Meme King
Replaced the left liquid filled mirror glass. It leaked and hasn't been visible for a couple of weeks. Whole entire mirror on eBay for 20 bucks. Lovin it. Old mirror on the bottom.

IMG_20160729_181354_741.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Installed a CB radio today. Smooth easy install. Went with the Midland handheld which GraniteCrystal recommended. Thanks, man. This one even came with antenna and coax. I can always use a firestick later if I need to. Anxious to get out and see how this thing does.

0808161945.jpg

0808161945a.jpg

Top Bottom