WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Engine threw an AL Gore code the other day. I found a broken Evap line, one of those hard plastic lines that get brittle. So I decided to add some more horsepower with some colored vacuum lines as well as move them out of the way from under my air intake to the perimeter of the engine compartment. At the same time, I shortened and raised my air intake. I've never liked how it was before as it constantly had to be adjusted so it wouldn't hit the PS pump or radiator hose.

IMG_20170215_155210_680.jpg

IMG_20170215_155121_326.jpg

So from this:

IMG_20170215_155053_050.jpg

To this:

IMG_20170215_155400_421.jpg

It cleaned up a lot of clutter. The only downside is it's up higher where the air is hotter, however it's only about a foot further than where it was previously.

GraniteCrystal

Nice! That'd make me nervous moving stuff around but the more I do on the Jeep the more I realize I'm probably not going to screw it up that bad.

BaddestCross

Looks clean, but wouldn't that location also prevent air from being forced down the intake? I always assumed the supposed benefit of these intakes was not only colder air but also a poor man's "ram air" type of system?

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Nice! That'd make me nervous moving stuff around but the more I do on the Jeep the more I realize I'm probably not going to screw it up that bad.

Thanks. None of the stuff I moved changed the function.

Looks clean, but wouldn't that location also prevent air from being forced down the intake? I always assumed the supposed benefit of these intakes was not only colder air but also a poor man's "ram air" type of system?

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

The only real ram air is turbo or supercharger. A scoop can bring cooler air around the filter, but the filter still performs the same task. When pistons move down, a vacuum occurs in the intake manifold. That's what sucks the air in any time engine is running. One benefit though to a true cold air intake is that you can route the filter to a position near cooler air and shield it off from engine heat. I would have preferred to leave the OEM intake but I had to remove it to relocate my washer bottle.

TRLJNKY

Great looking rig WJCO! I have a buddy that just picked up a WK and hes been drooling over your thread. Not sure how much the differences are between the two

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

WJCO

Meme King
Great looking rig WJCO! I have a buddy that just picked up a WK and hes been drooling over your thread. Not sure how much the differences are between the two

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Thanks. Glad he likes it as well. WK and WJ are quite different. However WKs are starting to get more and more aftermarket support. There's a guy around the web who goes by Anon155 and he has a badass WK on 37s, here's a pic. He's also done a ton of little color match mods, etc.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks. Glad he likes it as well. WK and WJ are quite different. However WKs are starting to get more and more aftermarket support. There's a guy around the web who goes by Anon155 and he has a badass WK on 37s, here's a pic. He's also done a ton of little color match mods, etc.

Sooooooo.....37's next up?

longarmwj

View attachment 244407

WOAH!!! Damn I gotta get the WK2 lifted up now :shock:

Top Bottom