WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

JeepJeep75

Just curious about your switches. It looks like they have blue lighting? For me, the blue light from the switches really mess with my vision at night. Is the light from those switches gonna be in your line-of-sight? I'm not sure how often you'd be locked while doing a night-run, but the light would drive me bonkers if it were in my eyes. [emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Just curious about your switches. It looks like they have blue lighting? For me, the blue light from the switches really mess with my vision at night. Is the light from those switches gonna be in your line-of-sight? I'm not sure how often you'd be locked while doing a night-run, but the light would drive me bonkers if it were in my eyes. [emoji43]

They are blue but I won't be wheeling like that at night, at least I hope not. I also did not hook up the illumination wire, so they don't illuminate unless I turn the lockers on.

JeepJeep75

They are blue but I won't be wheeling like that at night, at least I hope not. I also did not hook up the illumination wire, so they don't illuminate unless I turn the lockers on.

Ah, gotcha. My JKU came factory with some Uconnect button thingy on the dash right next to the speaker on drivers side. It has a blinking blue light on it. It drives me crazy at night. I hate it, never ever use it, but it's still there... reminds me, I wanna remove it and stash it under the dash. It's on my list of things to do....

Ddays

Hooked
Damn, blue lights, lockers, low clearance zerks, new axles. Man, you've been busy! Looking good.

Where did you order those low clearance zerks from? And while I'm thinking about it, what battery terminals did you use? (Sorry, my Google skills are a little rusty ;))

WJCO

Meme King
Looks good Doug! I use a blue for my driving light button. Does not bug me.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks.

Ah, gotcha. My JKU came factory with some Uconnect button thingy on the dash right next to the speaker on drivers side. It has a blinking blue light on it. It drives me crazy at night. I hate it, never ever use it, but it's still there... reminds me, I wanna remove it and stash it under the dash. It's on my list of things to do....

A blinking light would bug the shit out of me too.

Damn, blue lights, lockers, low clearance zerks, new axles. Man, you've been busy! Looking good.

Where did you order those low clearance zerks from? And while I'm thinking about it, what battery terminals did you use? (Sorry, my Google skills are a little rusty ;))

Thanks. Good to be working on this Jeep again. The battery terminals were Sky High Audio. The zerks were from an ebay store:

Untitled.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
So have you found that the low clearance zerks accept grease better than the standard ones when installed in the same places??

WJCO

Meme King
So have you found that the low clearance zerks accept grease better than the standard ones when installed in the same places??

Haven't used them yet, I'll keep you posted. I did grease the same style on the lower ProSteers, didn't really notice it took more grease or not.

WJCO

Meme King
Did some exploring today. Got my sway bar off for the first time since the axle install, and my track bar is hitting the body. Not much, but I'll need to fix that. Pretty weather today and even got to see a moose lounging in the trees.

DSC05099.jpg

DSC05101.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

DSC05100.jpg

DSC05122.jpg

DSC05113.jpg

DSC05121.jpg

DSC05109.jpg

DSC05106.jpg

DSC05105.jpg

DSC05124.jpg

Top Bottom