Worst mod you have installed and regretted.

JeepJeep75

Oddly enough - my wife got me a set of these for Christmas; just went outside to put them on and the pins are seized in! They looked like they had sat on the shelf for a while, as the print looked a little faded. Tried everything I could, short of anything that would have left apparent damage to them, and they weren't budging.

So back they go :grayno:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1482694274.665762.jpg look into getting a set of these. They are adjustable, look really nice, and they don't have an ugly cable tether that'll rub the paint off your jeep. [emoji106]

NavyJeeper

Worst mod I did to my jeep was not starting from a bone stock jeep! My TJ is my first jeep and I bought it at low miles which was very appealing to me, but it was already lifted and sitting on 35s with stock axles and the 4 cylinder engine. While having the lift and big tires is nice I wish I would have done some more research on what to look for in an off road vehicle cause I would have definitely passed on this one. Don't get me wrong I love that I finally have a jeep, but I helped a friend buy his first jeep and with the knowledge I had from my first buy we were able to find him a nice jeep looking jeep for his money. I love being able to do my own work on my jeep and I wish I could have built it my way from the ground up instead of having to fix someone else's mistakes. O well we live and learn!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to say buying a set of Goodyear MT/R's. The current style that is sold today and not the old version. They look great and I so wanted to like them but in the end, I found them to be near impossible to balance, had sidewalls that were weak, had a grip that was unpredictable and it's directional like tread design caused them to track funny on the highway. Without question, the worst mods I've ever made and regretted.

Fireside

I'd have to say buying a set of Goodyear MT/R's. The current style that is sold today and not the old version. They look great and I so wanted to like them but in the end, I found them to be near impossible to balance, had sidewalls that were weak, had a grip that was unpredictable and it's directional like tread design caused them to track funny on the highway. Without question, the worst mods I've ever made and regretted.

I was thinking about MT/Rs after my Duratracs wore out, sounds like I should look into something different.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

It's too bad the new MT/R's are crap. I had a set of the original design and they were probably my favorite tire I've run. Everything I hear about the new ones is just what you described.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking about MT/Rs after my Duratracs wore out, sounds like I should look into something different.

If it were me, I'd look for something else.

It's too bad the new MT/R's are crap. I had a set of the original design and they were probably my favorite tire I've run. Everything I hear about the new ones is just what you described.

It really is a shame. Like I said, I so wanted to like them but would be lying if I said I did.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another terrible mod I installed and regretted were a set of TeraFlex Speedbumps. Total junk and I can't believe there are people who would actually say they like them with a straight face. Being that they really are just foam in a can, they do little to nothing soften up hard hits and being that they sit so tall, I found that my bump stops would tap on them just going in and out of parking lots. Annoying as hell.

desertrunner

Made my own ghetto cold air intake out of cheap ass pipe and a K&N filter from auto zone held in place by zip ties....... then hydro locked my engine......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

SheaVertwot

XD wheels with 37" Procomp Xtreme MT2 tires- switched to Toyo open country tires and atx slabs. Bushwacker fenders- switched to psc aluminum. Costly mistakes for sure

Oddly enough - my wife got me a set of these for Christmas; just went outside to put them on and the pins are seized in! They looked like they had sat on the shelf for a while, as the print looked a little faded. Tried everything I could, short of anything that would have left apparent damage to them, and they weren't budging.

So back they go :grayno:
Yeah it's a huge bummer that the spring blocks the key sometimes... I really don't like them

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
A nessesary evil for us who need full tyre coverage...

Sent from my SM-G900I using WAYALIFE mobile app

I totally understand, but why not get a wheel with correct backspacing to counter the problem. My good friend steve, cozdude, approached this problem by staying with a 12.5" wide tire and opting for chamber pros instead of slabs to save himself over an inch on each side. When he cut his flares, he just tried to keep the trim as wide as possible. No rub or anything. I believe he just adjusted his turning radius slightly. I understand the "necessary evil" and i get it, to each their own. I was more less just trying to educate.

professorkx

Another 50 inch light victim. Everyone said it would whistle, but I was sure I would be the exception...nope. Took it off, cut it down and built a mount under the bull bar on the front bumper. Love having the extra light, and now no whistle...

Kaylinator

Another 50 inch light victim. Everyone said it would whistle, but I was sure I would be the exception...nope. Took it off, cut it down and built a mount under the bull bar on the front bumper. Love having the extra light, and now no whistle...
I read somewhere that if you tilt it down a couple degrees, the whistle goes away. False?

Top Bottom