Worth Knowing - Safety Catch on Under Seat Storage Can Prevent Access

Lunentucker

If you store your recovery gear in the bins under the rear seats, then this is worth remembering.
Safety catches will prevent the seat bottoms from being raised if the vehicle is tilted on an angle.
It's a simple catch, but not knowing about it can be frustrating if you're locked out for getting to your strap, shackles, and other gear. Same for first aid or anything else that you may to access with the vehicle in a precarious position.

Maybe @wayoflife can do a better video from out on the trails and show how to defeat the safety latch?

SeaSharp

No bins under my Gladiator. If they are I wouldn't know, I bought it with this custom sub box back there.

If you store your recovery gear in the bins under the rear seats, then this is worth remembering.
Safety catches will prevent the seat bottoms from being raised if the vehicle is tilted on an angle.
It's a simple catch, but not knowing about it can be frustrating if you're locked out for getting to your strap, shackles, and other gear. Same for first aid or anything else that you may to access with the vehicle in a precarious position.

Maybe @wayoflife can do a better video from out on the trails and show how to defeat the safety latch?
This is a useful security mechanism. Store all of your valuables in there and make sure to park on a slope.

Top Bottom