Gear :
Bare Bones Canyon Lantern
Warn Medium Duty Winch Recovery Kit
Stanley 123 pcs Black Chrome Socket Set
Grey Canvas Container Store Storage Boxes x 2

IMG_0573.jpg
IMG_0576.jpg

Last edited:
First mod is a little one... Replaced radio antenna with shorter one. It's an Antenna X 13 inch. I think it looks so much nicer than the stock one. It works great too.

1432440038278.jpg

Last edited:
Firestik II Antenna Installed

I got the Firestick II mounted. It's 2 feet launch + a bayonet mount for easy removal + a medium tension spring for bounciness.
I got it all wired up to. Went through the vent ( pop the vent off, it makes it way easy to thread through ) and then up the bars under the padding. Everything is super clean and came out very nicely.

FireStickII-2-Foot.jpg

It is mounted to the tire-mount with a RuggedRidge powder coated mount.

Rico_Approves.jpg

My Trusty Steed, Rico approves.

Bare Bones Canyon Lantern

This thing is awesome. Rechargeable Li-Ion battery. Easy to carry, but it is also stands up really nicely.
Pull the spotlight out and it converts to a nice uni-directional lantern.
You can even charge your phone off of the built in USB port.

BareBonesCanyonLantern.jpg

Warn Medium Duty Winch Recovery Kit

Ordered on Friday and USPS delivered today on a Sunday via Amazon. I don't have a winch yet, but I figured getting this is not a bad idea.

WARN-Medium-Recovery-Kit.jpg

Wilson Mobile 4G +50 dB Amplifier Kit

I really love gadgets.. It's important to me to have a great wireless connection everywhere I can. So, one of the first things I had to get was this Wilson 4G Amplifier kit.
The antenna is mounted to the tire-mount. It is a magnet so it is attached to my RuggedRidge CB Mount. It kind of sucks, so I ordered a new bigger one, that comes in about a week. The bigger one is supposed to be way better and it is designed to specifically mount to a CB turret. The Amp unit is installed under the passenger seat and connects to the cigarette socket. A second interior antenna is mounted inside the center console.

WILSON.jpg

I really love gadgets.. It's important to me to have a great wireless connection everywhere I can. So, one of the first things I had to get was this Wilson 4G Amplifier kit.
The antenna is mounted to the tire-mount. It is a magnet so it is attached to my RuggedRidge CB Mount. It kind of sucks, so I ordered a new bigger one, that comes in about a week. The bigger one is supposed to be way better and it is designed to specifically mount to a CB turret. The Amp unit is installed under the passenger seat and connects to the cigarette socket. A second interior antenna is mounted inside the center console.

View attachment 145019

Why the importance of having wireless everywhere.

Part of what I love about getting out to the middle of nowhere and exploring is the lack of Internet connection and just getting away from all that stuff.

Why the importance of having wireless everywhere.

Part of what I love about getting out to the middle of nowhere and exploring is the lack of Internet connection and just getting away from all that stuff.

I play a game called Ingress, it is kind of like Capture the Flag / Geo-Caching. It needs a wireless connection, so I want to have the best I can for that. I do indeed hope to find places with no connections too! My wife and I are super into exploring.

I play a game called Ingress, it is kind of like Capture the Flag / Geo-Caching. It needs a wireless connection, so I want to have the best I can for that. I do indeed hope to find places with no connections too! My wife and I are super into exploring.

Wow, well I guess that's commitment right there.

Hahaha.. the game is actually one of the reasons I got a Jeep. Helps us to get to hard to go places!

Yea, I got into Jeeping to enjoy the outdoors, meet new people and see new places.

When we all go out we wheel all day and then hang out and party all night.

I guess I just couldn't see the point in going out with everyone on a wheeling trip just to sit in the Jeep or tent and play games, maybe I'm missing something. Oh well, enjoy your games :thumb:

Yea, I got into Jeeping to enjoy the outdoors, meet new people and see new places.

When we all go out we wheel all day and then hang out and party all night.

I guess I just couldn't see the point in going out with everyone on a wheeling trip just to sit in the Jeep or tent and play games, maybe I'm missing something. Oh well, enjoy your games :thumb:

You should check out Ingress, it is not about sitting in a tent at all, it is about getting out exploring the world. That's the whole point! It is about meeting people in the real world. I have friends all over the world from it.

You should check out Ingress, it is not about sitting in a tent at all, it is about getting out exploring the world. That's the whole point! It is about meeting people in the real world. I have friends all over the world from it.

Is this what you're talking about?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432539683.019573.jpg

I think I'm good but thanks buddy, I guess I'm a little old fashion that way. I'll choose real life friends that I can sit down with, share an experience with and connect within person over an online "buddy" I've never met or will ever meet.

Not knocking it at all its just not for me.

Anyway, maybe we'll meet out on the trail one day, hopefully in person :D

yeah, that is the app. What you are describing is exactly why I like the game. It's about real people that you actually meet and real places you actually go to. Just because a pierce of tech involved does not make it some anti social activity. That is the whole point of the game. I've been to Japan to an event with 8000 people traveling all over Kyoto visiting every interesting cultural spot. I met people from every continent ( except Antarctica ) face to face, eat food together, our team even rented a house together in Japan. I find it no different than WOL. Meet people online for an activity you like, spend time with them in person, and build personal relationships. Anyway, this thread is to show off my rig not talk about games. I hope to see you out on the road, I am itching to get out and learn to drive off-road.

Cobra 29LX

All I seem to be hearing is static! Might need some help on this.

Attachments

• 1432881202389.jpg
    1432881202389.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 82
Cobra 29LX

All I seem to be hearing is static! Might need some help on this.

The larger knob that surrounds the power/volume knob is the squelch adjuster. Pick a channel and then slowly turn that knob to the right until the static stops. That's right where you want to be.

Eventually you'll want to tune your antenna but this will get you by until you can

Top Bottom