Which Drag Link Flip Kit?

BBrown626

Evo or Synergy or something else?
The Evo reuses the stock ball joint on the steering box end, I assume the link is solid since it is forged, and the price is a little lower.
Synergy is 1 3/4" DOM (pretty stout) and has upgraded joints on both ends.
Both kits have the same functionality. Any concerns with reusing the joints on the steering box end?
I have a few Evo products on my vehicle and wouldn't mind more, particularly because they are local and nice folks.
Tough decisions!

I am sitting right at 3" of lift. Is the flip kit beneficial?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Can't speak on the synergy but have the EVO. Was a fairly straight forward install. Helps correct steering geometry after your lift (I also have a 3" lift). It relocates your steering stabilizer and flips the drag link which is where the steering geometry comes Into play.
I drove my rig without the flip post lift and there was a noticeable change in steering after the install.

Great kit and I would recommend it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We run the EVO drag link flip on our 2012 JK with about 3.5" of lift. At this height, the kit helps to correct the steering geometry making it more flat like stock. With it, you don't need to replace the factory track bar which I personally like a lot and, it allows you to keep the factory drag link, another component that I have found to work well. No need to be replacing things that cost more and don't need to be replaced. Or, at least, that's how I see things :yup:

Conman

We run the EVO drag link flip on our 2012 JK with about 3.5" of lift. At this height, the kit helps to correct the steering geometry making it more flat like stock. With it, you don't need to replace the factory track bar which I personally like a lot and, it allows you to keep the factory drag link, another component that I have found to work well. No need to be replacing things that cost more and don't need to be replaced. Or, at least, that's how I see things :yup:

At what lift hight would you suggest doing the flip?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At what lift hight would you suggest doing the flip?

Anything above 3" will see a benefit from a flip/track bar relocation. Remember, you NEED to do both at the same time. Anything less and you may end up over correcting things and push your axle off toward the opposite direction.

Holmes4x4

From what I understand everything from 3" and up you should consider and from 4" on up it defiantly should be done. It also depends on the main uses for the jeep if you off road a lot with a 3" lift then it is advised that you do install one. Also look into Teraflex they also make a great one too.

Conman

Anything above 3" will see a benefit from a flip/track bar relocation. Remember, you NEED to do both at the same time. Anything less and you may end up over correcting things and push your axle off toward the opposite direction.

Yup. Getting ready to ditch the RK 2.5 and run the 3 enforcer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
From what I understand everything from 3" and up you should consider and from 4" on up it defiantly should be done. It also depends on the main uses for the jeep if you off road a lot with a 3" lift then it is advised that you do install one. Also look into Teraflex they also make a great one too.

I personally would NOT recommend the TeraFlex flip kit as it utilizes a track bar drop bracket at the frame instead of a relocation at the axle. By doing this, the drag link and track bar sit further apart and after installing and testing this setup for myself, I have found it to provide substandard handling. Based on my experiences, I would only use a kit that relocates the track bar at the axle and one that is significantly reinforced.

suicideking

I have the Synergy kit and love it. I went from 2.5" RK springs to 4" Evo springs and the steering was crap immediately. The Synergy kit brought it back to normal.

dis_dis

Banned
I have the Synergy kit and love it. I went from 2.5" RK springs to 4" Evo springs and the steering was crap immediately. The Synergy kit brought it back to normal.

Same here although I still have the 2.5" RK springs. Everything is beefier with Synergy - the drag link, the track bar ...

BBrown626

In pursuing this I have heard from a few people that moving my TF monster track bar up 3" on the axle end will cause the track bar to hit the pitman arm unless I have at least 4" bump stops. I went out to take a look and sure enough that looks like it may happen. I can't see going to 4" bump stops for a 3" lift. I sure wish I had known everything when I bought my lift kit and add-ons. :doh:

i was adding the flip kit and track bar relocation in order to improve body roll and steering, while also preparing for the possibility of adding coil-overs. i still want to do that in spite of a bad decision to buy a TF track bar.

I am guessing I can still do the flip and track bar relocation using the factory track bar since I am at 3" lift and the relocation bracket moves the track bar up 3 inches. Am I correct in assuming it will provide the proper axle alignment?

If i can use the factory track bar again, I will be fine then until I add lift. At that point, is there an adjustable track bar that will clear my TF diff cover and clear the pitman arm while allowing plenty of flex?

Smokumace

What lift do you have? I am in the same boat TF track bar TF 3" lift just getting ready to do synergy flip.

BBrown626

What lift do you have? I am in the same boat TF track bar TF 3" lift just getting ready to do synergy flip.

TF 3" lift with TF adjustable lower controls arms in front, upper in back. TF Monster track bar.

Go look how close your monster track bar is to your pitman arm. Not much room to move the passenger end up.

I think it will be worth it to ditch the track bar for a synergy, RK or something else that doesn't have that big arc to it. unless you are going to lift 4" or more, you cant keep the TF with the relocation bracket. I guess that is why TF sells the frame side lowering bracket. That will just lower your roll center and you don't want that.

Smokumace

Did my flip today works great excited to road it and take it to swamp lake this weekend. I have a Tera Flex Monster track bar for sale if anyone is interested.

jmm176

Did my flip today works great excited to road it and take it to swamp lake this weekend. I have a Tera Flex Monster track bar for sale if anyone is interested.

Haven't done swamp yet is it doable with 3.5 and 35s. Its only about 40 mins from the house

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Smokumace

Yes I do have good frame sliders and skid plates rolling in the 4 door it's a must. Just went thru Rubicon only thing I tore up steering stabilizer hence the flip kit.

Top Bottom