LoD Front Bumper

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Anyone know offhand what bolts, spacers, etc should come with a LoD Midwidth Bumper?

I'll check with LoD when I get to my computer but here is the condition of the shit I just received from Northridge. Unbelievable...five bolts, one small spacer, and two washers in a knotted FedEx plastic bag. Who knows what is missing.

AYFKM?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376008750.266470.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376008765.242350.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376008794.820021.jpg

I have the mid width bumper and it came with 8 bolts/washers/nuts and 4 plates for mounting. I also purchased the front skid plate and they came with 6 bolts and one nut welded to a piece of metal for the skid. In addition I purchased 8 flat and lock washers for my install.

have you contacted Chris at LOD? He was really helpful last I talked to him.

Sucks it was received this way. Goes to show FedEx is not that gentle with heavy items.

R/
Will

suicideking

I would blame Fed Ex, not Northridge or LOD.

This is clearly a Fed Ex issue. They at least made the effort to collect the hardware that fell out. USPS would have thrown the bolts in the trash... :doh:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Anyone know offhand what bolts, spacers, etc should come with a LoD Midwidth Bumper?

I'll check with LoD when I get to my computer but here is the condition of the shit I just received from Northridge. Unbelievable...five bolts, one small spacer, and two washers in a knotted FedEx plastic bag. Who knows what is missing.

AYFKM?
View attachment 43739
View attachment 43740
View attachment 43741

I would stop ordering from northridge. Just a tip, or the tip however you want it ;).

StrikeOut73

Had a similar issue with FedEx a few weeks ago, I was missing ALL my mounting hardware. I had to call the manufacture and have them send out more. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376010782.883170.jpg

miguel250r

Had the same problem with fed ex when I ordered my lift the box was thrashed but luckily everything was there

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think it's more of a manufacturer/vendor issue then the shipping company. I would like to see most of you guys lug these boxes are and move them without damaging them. If its packed properly the. There shouldn't be an issue.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I would blame Fed Ex, not Northridge or LOD.

This is clearly a Fed Ex issue. They at least made the effort to collect the hardware that fell out. USPS would have thrown the bolts in the trash... :doh:

I'm blame FedEx for the way it arrived. I blame NR for the way it was shipped. Is it that hard to put all of the hardware in a real bag and tape it to the inside of the bumper?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have the mid width bumper and it came with 8 bolts/washers/nuts and 4 plates for mounting. I also purchased the front skid plate and they came with 6 bolts and one nut welded to a piece of metal for the skid. In addition I purchased 8 flat and lock washers for my install.

have you contacted Chris at LOD? He was really helpful last I talked to him.

Sucks it was received this way. Goes to show FedEx is not that gentle with heavy items.

R/
Will

Thanks for the heads up. We are definitely missing most of the hardware then. F--K!!!!!!!

We will probably call Chris. Not his fault, but I know he will make it right. Not much point in calling NR because every call results in more excuses, more charges, and more BS.

Last edited:

Robar

The Enforcer
Thanks for the heads up. We are definitely missing most of the hardware then. F--K!!!!!!!

We will probably call Chris. Not his fault, but I know he will make it right. Not much point in calling NR because every call results in more excuses, more charges, and more BS.
Chris is a stand up guy. Always very nice and helpful when you get him on the phone.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
One more thing. All of the bolts a grade 5. Anyone of you bolt gurus out there see a problem with using a grade 5 bolt on a bumper and winch plate?

GuillaumeC91

One more thing. All of the bolts a grade 5. Anyone of you bolt gurus out there see a problem with using a grade 5 bolt on a bumper and winch plate?

I wouldn't consider myself a guru, far from it. But after a bit of research I landed on these two pretty good articles:

Grade 5 Bolt Specs: http://www.ehow.com/list_7524130_grade-5-bolt-specifications.html?dmsp=manual

SAE Bolt Specs: http://www.ehow.com/info_7876397_sae-bolt-specifications.html?dmsp=manual

Judging by this, grade 5 is fine as for your application, the fasteners do not need to be heat resistant. Knowing myself, I'm might be tempted to spend a few bucks on the best fasteners I can find just cause, but its probably not necessary.

I'm blame FedEx for the way it arrived. I blame NR for the way it was shipped. Is it that hard to put all of the hardware in a real bag and tape it to the inside of the bumper?

When I received my front, rear bumper with tire carrier and sliders from LOD the mounting hardwared was taped to the parts with some industrial packing tape. They did come in the same type of container and looked not quite as rough.

Top Bottom