Intake and exhaust?

tkkim

Does anyone run intake and exhaust?

Is it worth it?

I'm thinking run dynomax rockkrawler exhaust.. I like their deep sound.

What kind of intake will
Be good with dynomax ?

miguel250r

I have a AEM cold air it made my motor sounds mean like it has a exhaust but its stock exhaust as far as power n fuel milage Idk because my jeep came with a drop in k&n so can't really compare with stock

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

tkkim

I have a AEM cold air it made my motor sounds mean like it has a exhaust but its stock exhaust as far as power n fuel milage Idk because my jeep came with a drop in k&n so can't really compare with stock

which one is better? K&N ? AEM?

dwedel92

I run a k&n cai with dynomax completion exhaust. It sounds good for the first couple months and then after that you get used to it. It drones a little bit but not a huge thing.

miguel250r

My aem with stock exhaust almost sounds like a v8 with stock exhaust when u get on it but I know as soon as I put a exhaust system on it its gonna sound like a ricer couldn't believe how much more aggressive the aem intake make the motor sound

dwedel92

Yeah I've noticed it's a lot deeper than stock. But I did both intake and exhaust at the same time so I can't really say what mine would have soused like with one or the other. Either way it sounds better with a little bit more noise

miguel250r

Just by the YouTube clips I thought the Gibsons sounded the best but I could be wrong might sound different in person/ in cab

tkkim

Just by the YouTube clips I thought the Gibsons sounded the best but I could be wrong might sound different in person/ in cab

yea..

so except sound issue, what is the best air intake in the market? K&N,AEM,AfE, AIRRAID, BANKS...?

Aeraun

I'm running AFE intake and cat back exhaust. Sound is great - deep throaty sound. So for performance any gains are minimal if that, especially without headers and a dyno tune. I just posted some links to some vids I took for sound purposes if you want to search for my thread.

dgriz

aFe CAI plus Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler here. I was running the Borla ProXS muffler but I like the Dynomax much better. Deeper sound and smoother acceleration. This is the same muffler they use on the Evolution Competition Cat-Back system. I have my exhaust tip end just after the axle though, instead of before the axle like the cat-back does.

mtnbiker995

Airaid and Dynomax here!

Sent by Pony Express

X2!

The low end power gain isn't as noticeable but over 3,000rpm I can tell the difference. It also helps my mileage towing I think. It doesn't really affect normal mpg just towing mpg.

I also have a superchips flashpaq

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hollowpoint515

I have the volant power core and I noticed a huge improvement in throttle response and i also got the bully dog power programmer and that made and even bigger improvement... Right now I'm not running any exhaust I took it off at the rear axle but I'm not sure what one I'm going to end up with

KPM171

I'm also running a Volant power core on my Jeep. It's really quiet unless you get on it. If you get on it around 4000 rpm, it's pretty loud. Here are some youtube clips:

Start, Idle, Rev 2013 JKUR - Stock

Start, Idle, Rev 2013 JKUR - Volant PowerCore

2013 JKUR - Volant PowerCore (Normal Driving)

2013 JKUR - Volant PowerCore (Aggressive Acceleration)

I'm currently running a stock exhaust, but have been eyeballing the same exhaust Aeraun is running.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?9692-AFE-catback-exhaust-and-cold-air-intake

tkkim

I'm also running a Volant power core on my Jeep. It's really quiet unless you get on it. If you get on it around 4000 rpm, it's pretty loud. Here are some youtube clips:

Start, Idle, Rev 2013 JKUR - Stock

Start, Idle, Rev 2013 JKUR - Volant PowerCore

2013 JKUR - Volant PowerCore (Normal Driving)

2013 JKUR - Volant PowerCore (Aggressive Acceleration)

I'm currently running a stock exhaust, but have been eyeballing the same exhaust Aeraun is running.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?9692-AFE-catback-exhaust-and-cold-air-intake

thanks!!!

like the sound
I'm thinking between afe and airaid now..

KPM171

thanks!!!

like the sound
I'm thinking between afe and airaid now..

I don't care for the AFE & K&N intakes simply b/c they are a wide open set up. Looks like it might be easier to hydrolock a Jeep with an open intake vs. a kit like the AirRaid or Volante. However, if you don't enjoy playing in water, this might be a non issue for you.

tkkim

Actually , i do care about..

So does the sealed kit really work to prevent hydrolock?

And does it affect sound compared with wide open one?

Thanks so much

tkkim

I don't care for the AFE & K&N intakes simply b/c they are a wide open set up. Looks like it might be easier to hydrolock a Jeep with an open intake vs. a kit like the AirRaid or Volante. However, if you don't enjoy playing in water, this might be a non issue for you.

Thanks so much

KPM171

Thanks so much

Everyone has an opinion on this. My :twocents: say definitely when compared to an open intake system like the ones from AFE or K&N. By putting the intake in a box and only allowing air to come in via certain openings in the air box, I can ford a little deeper than I could with a wide open set up. Regarding sound? I have noooo idea. I've never heard any other intake in person on a JK. But surf the Youtubes. From a quick search, I found an AFE kit video on a 2012 JK:

Looks like Eddie is running an AirRaid kit on Rubicat and has a nice install piece written up.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...-cold-air-intake-system-installation-write-up

tkkim

Everyone has an opinion on this. My :twocents: say definitely when compared to an open intake system like the ones from AFE or K&N. By putting the intake in a box and only allowing air to come in via certain openings in the air box, I can ford a little deeper than I could with a wide open set up. Regarding sound? I have noooo idea. I've never heard any other intake in person on a JK. But surf the Youtubes. From a quick search, I found an AFE kit video on a 2012 JK:

Looks like Eddie is running an AirRaid kit on Rubicat and has a nice install piece written up.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...-cold-air-intake-system-installation-write-up

Thanks so much!!

Top Bottom