Intake and exhaust?

JK's JK

Banned
X2!

The low end power gain isn't as noticeable but over 3,000rpm I can tell the difference. It also helps my mileage towing I think. It doesn't really affect normal mpg just towing mpg.

I also have a superchips flashpaq

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Same here with the Air Aid and the Dynomax. They both where super easy to install and the Dynomax is 1.5" below the frame underneath the cab. My wife would say she wants more meat but what more can you do??? Body spacer, superchip, headers????

So I have a K&N system and a "modified" rock crawler system on my 2013 JKU. I say modified because I cut off the back about 16" or so because, will rock.

A couple of weeks ago out at All4Fun, I had a lot of people walk buy the JK idling on the trail and ask what engine mods I had, I answered "K&N and our exhaust" people really liked it.
In regards to gains, I did these upgrades for the reusability of the K&N and the relocate of the DynoMax muffler. Whatever other gains are just a bonus. :beer:

DSC02973_zps1da97708.jpg

KrawlerJK

I don't care for the AFE & K&N intakes simply b/c they are a wide open set up. Looks like it might be easier to hydrolock a Jeep with an open intake vs. a kit like the AirRaid or Volante. However, if you don't enjoy playing in water, this might be a non issue for you.

I have an AFE and hydrolocked it today! I am now selling it and snorkel shopping!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So when did having an after market intake void factory warranties?

Warranties are only as good as your dealership's willingness to honor it. ANY modification you make to your Jeep can and will void your warranty if your dealership determines it to be the cause of whatever problem you are trying to get fixed under it.

Kneece

Warranties are only as good as your dealership's willingness to honor it. ANY modification you make to your Jeep can and will void your warranty if your dealership determines it to be the cause of whatever problem you are trying to get fixed under it.

Thanks. I knew I didn't want to hear that. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I knew I didn't want to hear that. Lol

LOL!! In all seriousness, one of the best things you can do to help ensure your warranty is always honored is to start a business relationship with your dealership. Go in every 3,000 miles and pay to have them do an oil change. It's quick, it's cheap and as a loyal customer, they will be more willing to help you get things fixed under warranty.

Kneece

LOL!! In all seriousness, one of the best things you can do to help ensure your warranty is always honored is to start a business relationship with your dealership. Go in every 3,000 miles and pay to have them do an oil change. It's quick, it's cheap and as a loyal customer, they will be more willing to help you get things fixed under warranty.

Sounds like a plan. I took my 2010 in for all my services. Now I have a 2014, but I didn't buy from them. I haven't tried taking it in yet. My check engine light came on and I was told by a " buddy" they would not honor the warranty because of my Airaid. Wish me luck?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a plan. I took my 2010 in for all my services. Now I have a 2014, but I didn't buy from them. I haven't tried taking it in yet. My check engine light came on and I was told by a " buddy" they would not honor the warranty because of my Airaid. Wish me luck?

A CAI shouldn't cause your check engine light to come on. More than likely, the first thing your dealership will check and say is that your gas cap is loose or some stupid like that. More than likely, your problem will be at your EVAP canister. I would take it in as emissions is serious business with the feds and not something a dealership can just write off.

MTG

Caught the Bug

What code is it throwing? Check that first so you have an idea if it is at all remotely related to the intake. :thumb:

Knowing is half the battle...

Kneece

What code is it throwing? Check that first so you have an idea if it is at all remotely related to the intake. :thumb:

Knowing is half the battle...

Throwing 5 codes. But runs fine. Just a lot of tapping sounds.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Throwing 5 codes. But runs fine. Just a lot of tapping sounds.

What codes? Sounds like you have the cylinder head issue that plagued the 2012s and early 13s. Maybe they started using the bad heads again? :cheesy:

Good luck!

Kneece

A CAI shouldn't cause your check engine light to come on. More than likely, the first thing your dealership will check and say is that your gas cap is loose or some stupid like that. More than likely, your problem will be at your EVAP canister. I would take it in as emissions is serious business with the feds and not something a dealership can just write off.

Something got wet. I think. Splashing through puddles.

Kneece

What codes? Sounds like you have the cylinder head issue that plagued the 2012s and early 13s. Maybe they started using the bad heads again? :cheesy:

Good luck!

I'll have to check again after I get outta class.

Top Bottom