TOE OUT Passenger Only

jelliott076

So during some down time at work I went out to re-adjust my steering wheel to center and noticed that my passenger front it toed out quite a bit.

Toe Out Passenger photo.JPG

I know my tie rod is bent in a little, and that the steering wheel is leaning a little driver. I'm fairly certain I know when that happend.

Both are moderately easy enough fixes, but how do I toe in on side only? :thinking:

Attachments

• Rubicon 2013 WOL 1e.jpg
    Rubicon 2013 WOL 1e.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Turn your steering wheel a bit so that your passenger side tire is straight and your driver side tire will look toe out. My point is, you don't so much as have one side that is off but rather, you just have a front axle with your wheels (plural) toe out. :D

mrmet1983

Sounds like u just need to get both sides as close as possible till u get a new HD tie rod

Sent from my JK

jelliott076

Sounds like u just need to get both sides as close as possible till u get a new HD tie rod

Sent from my JK

Yup, exactly what I'm going to work on this morning!

How did you get toe-out with a bent tie-rod? Wouldn't that cause toe-in?

Who knows but one of those wheels is leaning out! I'm just going to do the allignment as best I can and hope that's the issue.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's very possible that you have some camber going on too. That can sometimes give you the illusion of toe-out as well.

Top Bottom