Going back to stock

Devallee

So I have a buddy of mine getting rid of his 2012 rubicon with tow package shocks and springs. I'm currently running a 3.5 RE short arm (shocks, springs, trackbars) so if I decide to pick up these shocks and springs, will I need to replace the track bar down to stock as well? Or can I just throw on these shocks and springs and keep it rolling? I'm so tired of this RE lift so I wanna run the stock (upgraded for my X) setup until I pick up the Evo long arm next year

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to keep your track bar. Even if you can't set it to factory length, your axle will only be off by a bit and really, it's no big deal.

JK's JK

Banned
So I have a buddy of mine getting rid of his 2012 rubicon with tow package shocks and springs. I'm currently running a 3.5 RE short arm (shocks, springs, trackbars) so if I decide to pick up these shocks and springs, will I need to replace the track bar down to stock as well? Or can I just throw on these shocks and springs and keep it rolling? I'm so tired of this RE lift so I wanna run the stock (upgraded for my X) setup until I pick up the Evo long arm next year

What's wrong with you lift?

Devallee

What's wrong with you lift?

It's way too stiff for my liking and I have the opportunity to get rid of it so I'm gonna take it. I'd rather ride on the rubicon springs/shocks for a little until I have what I need for the evo long arm in a few months. I've had it for about 30k miles now and I'm finally sick of it haha

JK's JK

Banned
I currently have the 3.5" long arm and I'd have to say the springs are stiff. I plan on changing them out with 4.5 - 5" springs along with Bilstein 5160 Series Shock and get a longer droop. Of course I have to do some trials on this lift to see how much droop it can take!!!!!!! Glad to hear your getting a lift your going to enjoy. :D

Devallee

I currently have the 3.5" long arm and I'd have to say the springs are stiff. I plan on changing them out with 4.5 - 5" springs along with Bilstein 5160 Series Shock and get a longer droop. Of course I have to do some trials on this lift to see how much droop it can take!!!!!!! Glad to hear your getting a lift your going to enjoy. :D

Yeah I'm just finally over the cement truck ride. Plus I'm currently 2wd so I don't need too much travel until I can get that fixed and get back on the rocks so the stock rubicon lift will be sufficient and more comfortable until I can get it back to 4wd and on the long arms. This might sound like a dumb question, but by putting 5" springs won't that give you around a 5" lift? That doesn't sound like too much? Just curious as to why the 5" springs

JK's JK

Banned
Yeah I'm just finally over the cement truck ride. Plus I'm currently 2wd so I don't need too much travel until I can get that fixed and get back on the rocks so the stock rubicon lift will be sufficient and more comfortable until I can get it back to 4wd and on the long arms. This might sound like a dumb question, but by putting 5" springs won't that give you around a 5" lift? That doesn't sound like too much? Just curious as to why the 5" springs

It was a bad choice of words on my part. The springs that I currently have gets me around 3.5" of lift and plan on going 4.5-5" of lift. The lift that I have ranges between 3.5" - 5.99" of lift. So whatever size spring that I have to get that brings me around 4.75" of lift or so. But when that takes place I have to change out my shocks at the same time with reservoir shocks for more travel. Along with my track bar but I think the one I have on there will work. I'm sue you know all this.

Briguy114

It was a bad choice of words on my part. The springs that I currently have gets me around 3.5" of lift and plan on going 4.5-5" of lift. The lift that I have ranges between 3.5" - 5.99" of lift. So whatever size spring that I have to get that brings me around 4.75" of lift or so. But when that takes place I have to change out my shocks at the same time with reservoir shocks for more travel. Along with my track bar but I think the one I have on there will work. I'm sue you know all this.

Reservoir shocks won't give you more travel. They will just provide better shock performance when traveling fast over rough terrain because the reservoir will help to reduce shock fade

munstie

Ultimately the length of your shock determines your travel. The reservoir will help when driving over rough ground at high speeds, to help keep the shocks from heating up and sacrificing performance. Now if you listen in the video they say the same 4"lift shock is 3/4" longer which yes at the wheel will give more travel than there monotube shock,but to say that a reservoir shock is what increases travel is just bad information.:beer: hope this helps.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

JK's JK

Banned
Ultimately the length of your shock determines your travel. The reservoir will help when driving over rough ground at high speeds, to help keep the shocks from heating up and sacrificing performance. Now if you listen in the video they say the same 4"lift shock is 3/4" longer which yes at the wheel will give more travel than there monotube shock,but to say that a reservoir shock is what increases travel is just bad information.:beer: hope this helps.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Well its a contribute (which I failed to say) to what brings a longer droop correct? Along with the type of lift, hight, drive lines (1310 or something like that) and some other various parts that allow you to droop further/ travel (along with a lot of money). Of course coil overs are the way to go but out of my league ATM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom