Clarification on caster and lifted jeep

AZDIESELPIG

I have a 2013 2 door with RE Short Arm Superflex 3.5" lift. Prior to the lift I had a 2" BB with ACOS adjustable coil spacers that I used to level the front. When the RE lift was installed the ACOS remained and they kept the 3/4 spacer in the rear. We also installed the RE front Drive shaft.

It could be my imagination, but I drove it for 2 days after the lift was installed and the ride was pretty good. Took it for an alignment and then it seemed to ride a bit stiffer?

I have cooper Discovery MT 35's that I run at about 28psi(E rated). Now, the alignment shop has my caster 3-3.6 degrees positive.

They can get more but they need to adjust the uppers to do so. My understanding is that OEM is around 4.5 or so. From my research lifted jeeps over 4" ususlly have even more caster.

We went this weekend for some wheeling and when we got back and aired up i went to 26 psi just to see if it made a difference. did seem to improve it.

As for the cast is 3.6 within spec for the lift I have? Just want to be sure I am setup correctly. The alignment shop said they can get more cast but would have to adjust the upper CA but said by doing so it going to rotate the axel and I dont want to screw the angle for the DS.

As a side note, the ACOS are adjusted out about 1 3/4 in. Would I benefit from removing the 3/4 spacer from the rear and adjusting the ACOS back to the starting posistion at the top? If there is no real benefit I ll just leave it as is.

Thanks - Jeeps are new to me....IFS is all I owned before!

Last edited:

bl17z90

I don't have an answer but don't worry if you are new, there is nothing wrong with that, we all have to start somewhere.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't feel like you're having handling issues with the amount of caster you have, I would just leave well enough alone. Certainly, this would help keep your front drive shaft from vibrating.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have some cooper stt in 35,I generally run mine with 23-25 psi. It handles decently well,a have lots of crummy roads up here but its no worse than my 2004 Gmc canyon on 285 gabber red letters.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZDIESELPIG

If you don't feel like you're having handling issues with the amount of caster you have, I would just leave well enough alone. Certainly, this would help keep your front drive shaft from vibrating.

No handling issues that I have expierenced as of yet and I drive the freeway a few times a week between 65-80.

Certainly, this would help keep your front drive shaft from vibrating.

By this you mean the caster I have now.

AZDIESELPIG

I think right now everything is good...lowering the pressure a bit in the tires helped with the ride and its handeling fine also.

thanks

Top Bottom