Track bar mount repair?

LadyJeeper

So, I noticed my track bar bolt is wiggling around. Seeing as I already did a major hardware replace on my front end (correct sizes), it was quite surprising that the mount would wear out in less than 20,000 miles. I do wheel my jeep frequently and pretty hard though, so I suppose that was enough to stress the mount.

I'm thinking about welding on some washers to give the bolt a new "home." Has anyone else done this, and will it last? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, welding on washers will help or, you might want to use the opportunity to install a drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket. Being that you wheel a lot, you should take the time to check the torque on your track bar bolts on a more regular basis. Wheeling has a way of loosening them up and that's ultimately what causes the holes to wollow out.

LadyJeeper

Yup, welding on washers will help or, you might want to use the opportunity to install a drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket. Being that you wheel a lot, you should take the time to check the torque on your track bar bolts on a more regular basis. Wheeling has a way of loosening them up and that's ultimately what causes the holes to wollow out.

Yes, I've been meaning to do a drag link flip, just waiting on the money right now lol.

Thanks! :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom