Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle??

crowrb29

Finally got the jeep build sheet site to work, said this was one of my added options, what is it exactly? Does it act like a limslip, and if so does it engage automatically? I don't have a button to turn it on or anything, hence the reason I just figured out I had it. On a high note I at least figured out I have 3.73s and not 3.21s

crowrb29

sweet, must not be all that fantastic though, if i hardly even noticed i had it. Then again there had to be a reason i never get stuck when all my friends that know for a fact they are open/open do. I just thought it was because I had a bad ass jeep all this time. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got the jeep build sheet site to work, said this was one of my added options, what is it exactly? Does it act like a limslip, and if so does it engage automatically? I don't have a button to turn it on or anything, hence the reason I just figured out I had it. On a high note I at least figured out I have 3.73s and not 3.21s

You just have a limited slip differential, they just gave it a fancy name :D

StrizzyChris

sweet, must not be all that fantastic though, if i hardly even noticed i had it.

Its a matter of opinion. Limited slips are USUALLY not as durable as a selectable locker due to the nature of the design. BUT its nice because you have the steering of an open differential all the time, and it engages by its self only when it needs to. In a selectable locker you have to pick ahead of time to be locked or not before hitting mud/an obstacle. If you choose to not lock and get too deep, your screwed and no locker can fix your loss of momentum that would normally propel you through an obstacle. All that said, Id still choose selectable like ARB due to durability, and that's what a winch is for :yup:

Then again there had to be a reason i never get stuck when all my friends that know for a fact they are open/open do. I just thought it was because I had a bad ass jeep all this time. :D

Your secrets safe with us ;)

Top Bottom