Jeep reveals new special edition Wrangler

JKU EXTREME

This New edition gives us some insight on what small editions the new JK will look like, but I thought the diesel jk wouldn't be out until 2016, or is that the jeep truck; either way, here is some details that I suggest you take a look at

Jeep Reveals Wrangler Polar Limited Edition
Sep 02, 2013

A limited edition, custom Wrangler Polar will be unveiled next week in Frankfurt at the Jeep stand. Inspired by the Antarctic’s extreme climate, the “Polar” badge on the front fender sports the coordinates of Vostok at the exact point where the lowest ever temperature of -89.2 degrees C was recorded. Based on the Wrangler Sahara, the limited edition model comes with a new front grille sporting gloss black accents, new hard spare-tire cover, powerdome hood, and body-colored hard top with tinted glass.

The new Wrangler Polar also boasts a gloss black Jeep logo and similarly-colored 18-inch alloys, unique hood mountain decal and an all-new Hydro Blue body color. Inside, the cabin is upholstered in black leather with white contrast stitching and high-gloss ceramic white trim, and features an all-new cluster overlay.

Power will come from a 2.8-liter turbo-diesel, rated at 200 hp and 339 lb-ft of torque when paired to a five-speed automatic and 302 lb-ft of torque when paired to a six-speed manual. Buyers can also opt for the 3.6-liter V6 gasoline engine delivering 284 hp and 256 lb-ft of torque paired to a five-speed auto box.

Standard goodies on the Wrangler Polar include a Trac-Lok anti-spin rear differential that maintains traction on slippery or rough terrain, heated front seats, automatic climate control and leather-wrapped steering wheel.

An optional Polar Pack 1 offers a 6.5-inch Uconnect touchscreen with 40GB hard disk and DVD player, while the Wrangler Polar can be ordered with a Dual Top configuration that combines the soft top and hardtop in one package.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378428520.424461.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378428531.482693.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378428547.425865.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378428571.705354.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378428584.801722.jpg

Thanks for reading

JKU EXTREME

Then that would suck deep, however makes some sense, but doesn't explain why Jeep would make the U.S wait 2 more years, lets hope and pray they don't do that to us

Then that would suck deep, however makes some sense, but doesn't explain why Jeep would make the U.S wait 2 more years, lets hope and pray they don't do that to us

The US has stiffer EPA regulations than Europe. California is the worst for EPA standards.

ichthus

I'm pretty sure Europe has had the diesel since 07...which means we'll have waited 9 years. Pretty good chance that the 3.0 is what we'll get in 16, as they will want to be smart with their development $. Assuming the 2.8 wont meet US emissions, It would cost a lot to fit and then test the 3.0 with 8-speed just for the few sales it MIGHT generate.

As it stands, production is at Max capacity and sales set quarterly records with each report. This is also why it doesn't make sense to build a truck right now.

When the Chinese and Russian factories open they would be able to provide Jeeps to the Euro/Asian markets which would give Toledo some flexibility to retool for different products

Aeraun

Interesting with the diesel option and that is a super, super nice color. Love the gauge cluster too.

JT2012Jk

New Jeep

Another "New" Jeep? This is lame as hell. When are they gonna stop with these "limited" editions that nobody cares about. The only cool thing about this is the diesel....but its nothing new for Europe. Same product...different wrapping.

JT

seanb123

This is stupid I want a diesel In a sport or rubicon not have to pay for all these stupid extras to get it

Benito

Caught the Bug
They have been making diesel JK's for a while for the European market. You can tell from the front bumper that this is for the European market or for export. I don't know what the specs are for the diesel that will be available for the US market but I hope it will be a bit bigger.

Quick Wiki search show its the same diesel that has been available for the JK since 2007.

Last edited:

JKU EXTREME

They have been making diesel JK's for a while for the European market. You can tell from the front bumper that this is for the European market or for export. I don't know what the specs are for the diesel that will be available for the US market but I hope it will be a bit bigger.

Since it'll be American, it will most definitely be bigger, because "bigger is always better," is basically America's motto :fingers crossed:

1yellowjk

The spare tire cover screams Hummer or SUV....here's what Jeep needs to do.

1. As someone else said "Quit making these stupid Mall Crawler editions!".
2.Three Engine choices.
- 3.6L V6
- V8...and not a "HEMI"
- Diesel
3. Offer the Sport with lockers on the 30/44
4. More factory gear options for all models
5. Bring back locking hubs from the factory

Take all those painted to match tops and BURN them!!!!!!!!:icon_crazy: I hate them!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

2.Three Engine choices.
- 3.6L V6
- V8...and not a "HEMI"
- Diesel

Take all those painted to match tops and BURN them!!!!!!!!:icon_crazy: I hate them!

Why not a hemi? If done right from the dealer I feel it can be a good motor in the Jk. While an LS is a better aftermarket swap in my opinion I feel the hemi can be strong from the factory.

JKU EXTREME

2.Three Engine choices.
- 3.6L V6
- V8...and not a "HEMI"
- Diesel

Yes, why not a hemi what other (good) v8 does dodge and Chrysler produce that isn't a HEMI

Last edited:

pastorwug

These special Jeep editions remind me of 1000 different "special edition" Miatas there were, and everyone of them making people think "Wow, I'm special!"
One word for one more "special edition" - boring!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Why not a hemi? If done right from the dealer I feel it can be a good motor in the Jk. While an LS is a better aftermarket swap in my opinion I feel the hemi can be strong from the factory.

Agreed. Once the vehicle hit the $40K price point (which it has for a fully loaded JKUR), a hemi from the factory should have become an option. Diesels have not reached mass appeal in the US market and I don't think that many people will pay the extra cost for one in a JK (unless, perhaps, it was a screamer of a motor.)

rdf_orion

I think a diesel engine for the us market wouldnt be a bad idea (or maybe a turbo diesel haha). Honestly diesels run for ever and just for that reason I would probably purchase one.

FoxC

This Polar Edition is an EU model only. (It looks like it's the Artic Edition from the US market just rebadged) The 2.8ltr diesel is the old plant that was introduced back when the JK hit the EU market. The new 3.0ltr diesel that has been introduced with the new Grand Cherokee should be far better. I just wonder why the Eu gets the old diesel??

Top Bottom