Jeep reveals new special edition Wrangler

Jeepmed

These special Jeep editions remind me of 1000 different "special edition" Miatas there were, and everyone of them making people think "Wow, I'm special!"
One word for one more "special edition" - boring!
I agree. If its Polar then it should be more offroad worthy. Not more of a luxo ute.

1yellowjk

Why not a hemi? If done right from the dealer I feel it can be a good motor in the Jk. While an LS is a better aftermarket swap in my opinion I feel the hemi can be strong from the factory.

Not an impressive motor imo...people get all hung up on the Hemi for some reason...not that great.

sent from the john.

billybob990

The diesel option would be great if offered all in Wranglers, and it won't be a turd. It doesn't make as much hp as the penstar but it pits out really good torque if those specs are right. Being a diesel you'll be able to put a 100 hp box or programmer on it. And keep in mind that torque gets you there and hp keeps you there.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Bonehead

As an owner of a 05 Liberty CRD I have to say the 2.8L CRD will be more than enough in the JK........just let the turbo do its job and it will get you where you need to go;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So just to ask. What v8 would be the best fit for the JK?

Sent via Snow Flake in California

To each their own. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I am happy with the 3.6 but I'm sure if I drove one with an LS/hemi/diesel I would want that.

Tigrcky

The diesel option would be great if offered all in Wranglers, and it won't be a turd. It doesn't make as much hp as the penstar but it pits out really good torque if those specs are right. Being a diesel you'll be able to put a 100 hp box or programmer on it. And keep in mind that torque gets you there and hp keeps you there.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

not to be a jerk but its the other way around its hp that accelerates you and the torque that maintains your speed or momentum. also does anyone know any updates on different engine options on the 2014 jk?

seanb123

not to be a jerk but its the other way around its hp that accelerates you and the torque that maintains your speed or momentum. also does anyone know any updates on different engine options on the 2014 jk?

Please do explain how it's that way I've always know it be torque gets you there and hp keeps you there. Why else would diesel trucks have all that torque bc that's usually used for pulling.

Tigrcky

Please do explain how it's that way I've always know it be torque gets you there and hp keeps you there. Why else would diesel trucks have all that torque bc that's usually used for pulling.

Ok ill do the best that i can. so diesels are high torque for pulling as you mentioned however you may notice with an engine you level out at a certain speed pulling a load and hill this is where your horse power peaks out and the torque takes over and maintains speed. If horsepower keeps you there then why would 18 wheelers have only 400 hp but upwards of 2000lbs torque? in the same respect when you look at high horsepower cars (ie dragsters) they have higher hp then torque values hp is for pure acceleration yes bottom end torque is very important because that means the engine wont get bogged down when you take off. also if you keep accelerating past the torque curve that does not exactly make sense for the torque to accelerate you. Sorry if this does not make sense I often struggle and getting thought to words. However if I am incorrect I just ask you provide me with a good explanation and ill gladly reconsider my standpoint, after all we are here to learn :yup:

seanb123

I found this bc I did some research on it to make sure what I had always be thinking was right. This is right from an article.

Let’s take another scenario, an Indy car engine. These are tiny little 1,200 HP V-8’s that spin about 12,000-14,000RPM all day. You ever see these cars stall when trying to get out of the pits? They stall all of the time. They have to rev that engine way up and dump the clutch to get rolling, which is why you always see them getting sideways and smoking the tires-off when leaving the pits, and if they don’t do that, the engine will stall. This is simply because of the short stroke of the crank, which make no torque at all at low RPM‘s. Those engines HAVE to be up in the high RPMs to make their power

Tigrcky

yeah also the same with dragsters you need that low end torque to keep the engine spinning! either way this could be a matter of potatos and potahtos, i will say that typically torque peaks out on an engine with a max rev of 6000 rpm right around 4000 rpm but the hp peaks out around 5500 rpm so that would explain why hp gets you there but when you run out of hp your torque maintains your peak out speed :twocents:

seanb123

Torque happens in a curve and after the peak of torque curve hp begins it's job and allso has a curve between the two is the powerband torque drives the curve up hp finished the job ie electric motor the best for acceleration because it has linear torque values that continue to push the car forward and accelerate hard but have no real hp to max speed but get up and go faster or a turbo civic very slow at first because of lack of tq but once the hp kicks in and boost kicks in hp does it's job or quads two stroke have low torque at start but 4 strokes have high torque 4 strokes always beat 2strokes out of the hole but then the 2 strokes come back usually passing 4strokes

Tigrcky

so this debate is going no where ill just say this lets just put 2000 hp and 2000 lbs torque engines in and call it good even numbers even fun!:yup:

Top Bottom