AEV Procal

Rccrwlr

So had a major newbie moment and purchased an AEV Procal from Craigslist for $70. I have read several posts on WOL and didn't ask the major question about the reset of the prev vehicle to unlock the unit. After trying and getting the 4-2 code i contacted the seller and he told me that he sold the Jeep and would take it back if AEV couldn't do anything to unlock the unit. I called and left several messages with AEV without a response. Finally i actually got a hold of Jordon at AEV tech support. He was very helpful as i explained the same story that he has heard a 1000 times. used unit, seller says all is good, buyer tries unit only to get errors, and called AEV to get it resolved. AEV Procals are VIN locked and there is NOT and unlock code. You have to go through the rest process on the prev vehicle...PERIOD!

Jordon did ask a few questions to get a feel for what i thought might be a good way to handle the unlock in cases like this. but as of now there are no plans or future firmware versions that you can unlock a VIN locked unit.

Luckily for me the seller has agreed to refund the $$ and i will chock this up to a learning experience!

Moochie

I guess that sucks about the Procal. Not an issue with Superchips. For a fee they will send you an unlock code.

If you are really nice and have a valid reason they do sometimes send the code for free. :) It needs to be hooked up to a computer for an update / unlock code.

Rccrwlr

I guess that sucks about the Procal. Not an issue with Superchips. For a fee they will send you an unlock code.

If you are really nice and have a valid reason they do sometimes send the code for free. :) It needs to be hooked up to a computer for an update / unlock code.

Sounds like I should look at the Superchips. Any suggestions?

Sent via Snow Flake in California

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, is it safe to assume you have a JK and if so, what year is it? This will make a difference as to what you can use.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have an 08' JKUR. Need to update my profile I see

Sent via Snow Flake in California

Okay, you shouldn't have any problems running a Superchips Flashpaq or Flashcal. The later is just a basic device like a ProCal and the prior will allow you to make tune modifications.

Rccrwlr

Okay, you shouldn't have any problems running a Superchips Flashpaq or Flashcal. The later is just a basic device like a ProCal and the prior will allow you to make tune modifications.

Thanks for the info

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

Top Bottom