oil all over the lower front of engine ??

zaid7

this is a pretty vast question as its hard to pin point with out actually looking at it but recentlyas in lst 2 days I have 93000 KLMS (Australia) I have a 08 jku never had a oil leak or anything. I have noticed a lot of oil on the front wall and underneath of my oil pan and also all over my oil filter even some slightly behind the lower fan belt pulley? I have inspected as much as I can but I cant seem to tell if its coming from my sump gasket or bolts or something worse I have read somewhere that the timing cover is pretty shity and oil can seep throw. so my question is. is there anything it could be or I should be looking at I don't want to take to dealer at this point becasuse they will take me for a ride and not being in warranty im afraid its going to be a costly fix??

this is a pretty vast question as its hard to pin point with out actually looking at it but recentlyas in lst 2 days I have 93000 KLMS (Australia) I have a 08 jku never had a oil leak or anything. I have noticed a lot of oil on the front wall and underneath of my oil pan and also all over my oil filter even some slightly behind the lower fan belt pulley? I have inspected as much as I can but I cant seem to tell if its coming from my sump gasket or bolts or something worse I have read somewhere that the timing cover is pretty shity and oil can seep throw. so my question is. is there anything it could be or I should be looking at I don't want to take to dealer at this point becasuse they will take me for a ride and not being in warranty im afraid its going to be a costly fix??

Have you recently changed your oil recently? If so maybe your oil filter is not tight enough or the oil fill cap is loose. Do you have any pictures available? this would help diagnose your problem.

R/
Will

zaid7

as a matter of fact I have recently changed my oil maybe a month or 2 ago I shall check this out on the weekend I will try get some photos of it to help diagnose

as a matter of fact I have recently changed my oil maybe a month or 2 ago I shall check this out on the weekend I will try get some photos of it to help diagnose

If the oil filter is loose you will need a new one. The seal will have contaminates on it and will not seal right. Make sure you check the oil to ensure you are not too low.

R/
Will

Jyoung

I have this too. For mine it is the upper oil pain gasket. It's pretty cheap to replace and pretty simple. There's a good write up on one of the forums I can dig up. I'm just waiting until my next oil change to do it. I don't want to waste 6 quarts of perfectly good Mobil 1.

Tackerdown

Banned
I would at least do a quick check and grab your oil filter and give it a good turn to see if its loose. All you need is for it to get even looser while driving and run out of oil.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Hooligan

I had similar situation. Turned out to be front seal. Cheap fix. Btw oil was all over the timing chain cover, oil pan gaskets, filter etc. The fan blows it all over the place and makes it hard to pinpoint. Clean it up best you can. Clean/wipe around the front seal then run the engine a little. Then engine off check the front seal again (get your finger in there) for fresh oil. Good luck.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Clean it up best you can. Clean/wipe around the front seal then run the engine a little. Then engine off check the front seal again (get your finger in there) for fresh oil. Good luck.

This is what I would recommend as well.

Top Bottom