Ripp Mods Cold Air Intake.

jesse3638

Hooked
Looking to install one of these because the PSC high volume reservoir requires a conical style airfilter due to the room it needs to be mounted. I like where its located as it appesrs to provide ample room to mount the reservoir vs. the competition. I'm looking for information from people running this style CAI. Not really looking for performance or mpg gains because I feel those will be negligible at best. I'm looking more for how protected it is, noise, and pros and cons of this CAI. Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I have no experience with this CAI but, they're all pretty much the same. If you're needing to install a ram assist, I would get whatever you can make work. In a 2012-up, you really don't have too many choices.

My wife and I both run them. No noticeable performance gains but made room for the PSC kit. Easy to install and give you plenty of room afterward.

jesse3638

Hooked
Sorry, I have no experience with this CAI but, they're all pretty much the same. If you're needing to install a ram assist, I would get whatever you can make work. In a 2012-up, you really don't have too many choices.

Thanks that was kinda my thought. I was looking at this particular one because of the room it offers plus it appears to be more protected from the possiblity of water vs. an "open" conical style.

Ok sounds good. What ever you can offer up would be great thanks.

Ok here are some pics if mine installed. You can get a sense for room available and overall install.

Overall I've been happy with it. The biggest complaint is it doesn't handle high high dusty stuff as good as the box units. I mean its easy enough to clean but it seems to get bad a lot sooner.

I have been running mine since Nov last year and have had 0 issues.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379892070.312362.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379892083.177931.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379892092.777292.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379892102.745808.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379892113.328476.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379892122.095946.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm a very visual learner so those pics were great. Another question I have for you is: Are you running a power steering cooler with your PSC system? If so which one? I know on their site it recommends using one but I've heard some of them can cause probs. If I remember correctly I believe Eddie was having some issues with the system after he installed a cooler but I could be wrong. Is there anything I should know about the install of the PSC system?

I'm a very visual learner so those pics were great. Another question I have for you is: Are you running a power steering cooler with your PSC system? If so which one? I know on their site it recommends using one but I've heard some of them can cause probs. If I remember correctly I believe Eddie was having some issues with the system after he installed a cooler but I could be wrong. Is there anything I should know about the install of the PSC system?

Yes I am running a cooler. Not sure of exact model but after speaking with PSC about it they recommended it (I included photos of it installed.) I have not had any issues with it at all. The main issue is getting the lines clear of my DTD's. I attached a photo of my second attempt but need a little more tweaking. Let me know if you have any other questions or want any photos.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379900367.530945.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379900376.896390.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379900387.514345.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379900404.746052.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah thats the cooler I was looking at getting. I don't think I'll have the issues with the lines interfering with the DTD's as I'm not running coilovers....yet...;). Thanks for your help and the pics are great. If I have any other questions I'll be sure to ask.

Yeah thats the cooler I was looking at getting. I don't think I'll have the issues with the lines interfering with the DTD's as I'm not running coilovers....yet...;). Thanks for your help and the pics are great. If I have any other questions I'll be sure to ask.

Well just because they aren't DTD doesn't mean you don't have coils ;-)

Haha...true I do have coils. I plan on going to the bolt on EVO coilovers eventually. After I finish my build to 37's...;)

that's what my wife runs. she likes them but is pushing me for DTD after riding in mine for while. I think if we put a PSC kit on hers she would be just as happy :thinking:

jesse3638

Hooked
that's what my wife runs. she likes them but is pushing me for DTD after riding in mine for while. I think if we put a PSC kit on hers she would be just as happy :thinking:

Yeah probably. Like I said I'm building to 37's first and want to be sure to do it right to handle them. Then I'll move onto coilovers

Top Bottom