Unexpected Upgrade?

Dashyl

Due to some unexpected tire troubles (6 punctures on 3 Different Tires...) Ive decided to take into consideration doing some upgrades. The issue is i'm torn between would it be worth it to upgrade now or should i just spend the money to replace the 3 tires?

4 tires would cost me a little over 1k not including mounting the tire and balancing them

While upgrading would cost me a little over 7k (4" Full Traction Short Arm, Bilstein Shocks, ATX Slabs, Toyo M/T 37x13.5R17, and a J.E. Reel 1350 Front DS)

Just wondering the pro's and con's on all of this, I would be running stock sahara gears (sad i know) stock bumpers, and a stock dana 30 front axle for the time being. Everything on my jeep is still covered under warranty and my Jeep is still my daily driver. Thanks for the help!!

miguel250r

U could just do 33s with the stock suspension or do a 2" coil spacer n cut fenders for 35s depending on what u want to spend

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dashyl

I am eventually going to upgrade anyway, and the tires were an unexpected issue and instead of spending the 500-1000 now i figured i might as well spend that towards the new stuff, just looking for second opinions really

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you looked into a set of used tires? Could get you what you need for now and save you a bundle.

Dashyl

I called a few places around the area and most places still want 350-400 for 2 used tires that includes everything except labor =( That seems a little steep for 2 used tires...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I called a few places around the area and most places still want 350-400 for 2 used tires that includes everything except labor =( That seems a little steep for 2 used tires...

Really? What size tire are you looking for? I've been able to find used tires for as little as $25 a piece plus installation. :idontknow:

Dashyl

yeah, thats what seemed really off to me... They are stock JK tires I have a few more places to call. I havent made a set decision yet on replacing or lifting :D

miguel250r

Due to some unexpected tire troubles (6 punctures on 3 Different Tires...) Ive decided to take into consideration doing some upgrades. The issue is i'm torn between would it be worth it to upgrade now or should i just spend the money to replace the 3 tires?

4 tires would cost me a little over 1k not including mounting the tire and balancing them

While upgrading would cost me a little over 7k (4" Full Traction Short Arm, Bilstein Shocks, ATX Slabs, Toyo M/T 37x13.5R17, and a J.E. Reel 1350 Front DS)

Just wondering the pro's and con's on all of this, I would be running stock sahara gears (sad i know) stock bumpers, and a stock dana 30 front axle for the time being. Everything on my jeep is still covered under warranty and my Jeep is still my daily driver. Thanks for the help!!

Who'd u piss off to shank Ur tires? Haha

Dashyl

Who'd u piss off to shank Ur tires? Haha

Lol i Wish i knew.... =( whoever did it didnt even try to make it look like an accident considering one of the tires that they punctured was the spare (which had NEVER been used...)

miguel250r

Lol i Wish i knew.... =( whoever did it didnt even try to make it look like an accident considering one of the tires that they punctured was the spare (which had NEVER been used...)

Man I was joking around I didn't know that's what really happened do u have a high deductible for insurance

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
yeah, thats what seemed really off to me... They are stock JK tires I have a few more places to call. I havent made a set decision yet on replacing or lifting :D

What size tires are your stock ones. I have all give of the trike tires that came on my sport that I was going to try to sell. All 5 for $325 OBO. Only 3,000 miles on them

Sent from my iPhone

Dashyl

Man I was joking around I didn't know that's what really happened do u have a high deductible for insurance

It is what it is... and i dont have a high deductible. Either way i've decided to get them replaced found a good deal on them 200 for 2 tires and i'm just going to run without a spare for the time being

noroad

I know im in boston but, i have 5 stocks that are in good shape on 16s u can have both tires and rims for 20$ each.

Top Bottom