RCV axles?

Rubiwho

RCV axles on a D44, with 37's. Ya or Na, if Na, what could be better? Thanks Just heard from someone they suck. Is this true, or just a bad apple?

J-Dub253WA

IMO I would rather have a broken u-joint than a broken CV joint/axel shaft! That's just me tho. I think if I remember right the CV joint also isn't the most likely place those would break. I think Eddie said he's seen more axel breaks than CV breaks with those. It all comes down to what you would rather have break I guess.

Sent from J-Dub253WA's iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app!!

JK's JK

Banned
RCV axles on a D44, with 37's. Ya or Na, if Na, what could be better? Thanks Just heard from someone they suck. Is this true, or just a bad apple?

I think your saying RVC axle shafts

From what I understand there the strongest you can buy. The only situation that they bring is other parts start to fail if you have kinetic energy transfering into other parts like your gears.

And to add. If you want something to break it would be your axle shaft and not your gears or other assocaited parts. Get chromonly axle shafts. But thats me.

Last edited:

Serg5000

Those axles are strong as hell. If it rather when I need axles, RCV's is what I'm getting. Pull the trigger man.

Rubiwho

I think your saying RVC axle shafts

From what I understand there the strongest you can buy. The only situation that they bring is other parts start to fail if you have kinetic energy transfering into other parts like your gears.

And to add. If you want something to break it would be your axle shaft and not your gears or other assocaited parts. Get chromonly axle shafts. But thats me.

Good thought... I am going to do chromoly's on the rear, and RCV's up front... Hmmm

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have run them and they are nice but, RCV's have super strong joints and, that's part of what I don't like about them. They are too strong. When they break, and yes, I have seen them break, they do at the shaft deep inside the axles housing. Or, they can take out a ring and pinion. Neither of these are easy trail fixes. A standard chromo shaft with full circle clips will get the job done just as we'll and for $400 less. I can think of a lot of mods you can get for $400 but, that's just me.

Raceplayhavefun

I agree that the RCV's are stronger than any other shaft/joints on the market. The problem isn't so much that you will break them or something else, it is that you will push the truck so much harder than you can with anything else. Therefore, you will break something else. If you understand your truck and it's limitations due to how you've built it, this should not be a problem... Personally, all my wheeling rigs have RCV's. I wouldn't have anything else. I've broken just about everything there is. The problem is when you break an axle, it wipes out detroits, arb's, rubicon lockers, etc. go to RCV and never look back!

jk12blk

RCV's bring peace of mind. flex that bitch out! get em and enjoy! lifetime warranty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
RCV's bring peace of mind.

Don't know how breaking a ring and pinion, locker or the shaft itself deep inside the housing brings peace of mind but, if it brings it to you, more power to you :yup:

flex that bitch out! get em and enjoy!

Don't know what flex has to do with axle shafts but, you should do just that - enjoy em :)

lifetime warranty.

A lot of good that's gonna do for you when you're broken on the trail with a busted ring and pinion, locker or worse but, if it gives you peace of mind, cool.

Top Bottom