BDS 6" Long Arm yes or no?

DLowe27

I was looking at buying a new long arm for my jeep and the local shop recommends the bds lift. I was wondering if anyone has ran the Long arm lift or knows anyone who has and if they liked it or hated it.

DLowe27

Im going to upgrade to either 37 or 40" toyo mts not sure yet. Im leaning to the 40s because I am in the works for new prorock 60 front and rears.

David1tontj

I have a 6" BDS on my Tj and love it. I'm sure it's a completely different thing for the JK, but that's my 2 cents.

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking at buying a new long arm for my jeep and the local shop recommends the bds lift. I was wondering if anyone has ran the Long arm lift or knows anyone who has and if they liked it or hated it.

Shops tend to recommend what they have in stock and it what they can make the most profit on - not what is best for your needs. At that height, a long arm is what you would want but, I can tell you that I run my 40's with just 4.5" of lift. Sure, I've had to do some trimming to do it but, it's a much more functional stance.

DLowe27

I did look at the 4.5 and 4" lifts but there was a that room that I would be lacking and i didnt want to cut the fenders (I like the color match) so that kinda why I was thinking the 6"

DLowe27

I knew I could cut them im just not sure if I want that look. It does look clean and I like it on some jeeps, but maybe I will cut so I dont sacrifice ride thanks all

Top Bottom