Rough country hybrid stubby?

In5ane1

Anyone seen or run this? Curious if a winch plate on factory bumper would be better than this setup...

Can't decide!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you install a winch plate on your factory bumper, the winch will sit on top of it. If I recall correctly, the bumper you are looking at has a recessed winch plate. This will put the winch down in between the frame rails. IMO, this would be a better way to go.

Conman

^^^^••••this. Have a buddy that runs this bumper and for the price it is hard to beat. Plus you get to use your factory fogs.

miguel250r

^^^^••••this. Have a buddy that runs this bumper and for the price it is hard to beat. Plus you get to use your factory fogs.

Hey conman nows Ur chance to be a sales man n sell this guy Ur stock stubby bumper he can put a winch plate on it lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bonehead

I was looking at this bumper my self for the price it is nice, but have since decided to wait save the coin and go with a Warn full width bumper....... we have just too many 4 legged road hazards around here to risk it ;)

VADER JK

I don't have their hybrid stubby but I do have their regular winch stubby that you can add the attachments to, and love it. Can't beat the price either.
IMG_2579.jpg

NAUJK

I have the Hybrid stubby bumper, for the price I love it. It looks great and works very well. I would suggest this over putting a winch place on the stock bumper just as Eddie said. I might be selling mine in the future as I would like to switch over to the EVO 1/4 Pounder or the LOD bumper (havent quite decided yet). But I am not selling it because it is bad its a great little bumper, and it is very modifiable if you go over to the JK forums or just Google the bumper and look at some forums you can see where people have modified it and made it their own and it looks pretty awesome!

I modified mine to fit with my light bar that I already had.
close up in snow.jpg IMG_6340.jpg IMG_6366.jpg

I did mash an end cap on a rock real good and destroyed it and the fog light in it, but RC was easy enough to send me a replacement.

In5ane1

I have the Hybrid stubby bumper, for the price I love it. It looks great and works very well. I would suggest this over putting a winch place on the stock bumper just as Eddie said. I might be selling mine in the future as I would like to switch over to the EVO 1/4 Pounder or the LOD bumper (havent quite decided yet). But I am not selling it because it is bad its a great little bumper, and it is very modifiable if you go over to the JK forums or just Google the bumper and look at some forums you can see where people have modified it and made it their own and it looks pretty awesome!

I modified mine to fit with my light bar that I already had.
View attachment 51084 View attachment 51085 View attachment 51086

I did mash an end cap on a rock real good and destroyed it and the fog light in it, but RC was easy enough to send me a replacement.

I was more worried about the durability you just referenced as the end caps seem fairly thin.

In5ane1

I don't have their hybrid stubby but I do have their regular winch stubby that you can add the attachments to, and love it. Can't beat the price either.
View attachment 51070

Saw this one too. Not bad for the price. I think though at that price that I would grab the rampage stubby.

In5ane1

I was looking at this bumper my self for the price it is nice, but have since decided to wait save the coin and go with a Warn full width bumper....... we have just too many 4 legged road hazards around here to risk it ;)

Exactly the options I'm weighing!

In5ane1

If you install a winch plate on your factory bumper, the winch will sit on top of it. If I recall correctly, the bumper you are looking at has a recessed winch plate. This will put the winch down in between the frame rails. IMO, this would be a better way to go.

You are right. I've tried to find a cheap way out for now...their ain't one ! Lol

Rubi Freak

I run this bumper and love it. It is lightweight and I like the fact you can run the stock fogs and hooks. You can also run the "D" ring kit that Rough Country has available for this bumper if you choose to do so. I have a Smittybilt XRC 8000 Comp winch on it and it does set low allowing full airflow to the radiator.

Conquest jeep

I have one with the d ring kit and no fog lights. I love the look and was super affordable. I highly recommend it. If you do order it and want the d ring kit make sure rc send you the correct one for this bumper. Took them a couple try's to get it right but they eventually did at no additional cost to me.

Rubi Freak

Hopefully the pics will give you an idea if you like it or not. Its been a great bumper. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380769104.973994.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380769116.225531.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

In5ane1

Also Have some interest in the bestop narrow bumper. Anyone run this one? Price is right for sure!

Last edited:

Asgard

I love this bumper!

Had a custom Bullbar added to mine. As for the durability of the endcaps, well, they are a lighter steel, but they are still tough! I'm pretty rough on mine and did ding it slightly, but that was because I was scraping it on a concrete pillar that I was climbing. End result was the top of the pillar lost some concrete with a loud CRUNCH and cloud of dust, the end cap got a slight dent that's not noticeable unless I point it out.

Overall, I love this bumper, really can't beat it for the money and the tire clearance is awesome.

IMG_3495.jpg

Top Bottom