Need input from people in Arizona Phoenix area or SoCal...

munstie

Well finally decided to shit or get off the pot in moving west, looking for drier climates for the wife due to health reasons. Any input would be appreciated on areas to look for homes and machine shops to work at or stay away from or construction companies to look into. I will be heading out ahead of the family. Also want to try and be within a good school district for the kids..

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Last edited:

JK12

I live in flagstaff, but in the Phoenix area I would say Scottsdale but it is a little more expensive but it's the nicer part of Phoenix as for jobs I have no idea what's around the area wise but I'm sure it's close to some shop

munstie

Pretty sure that's where Prime8 is from or lived for a while.

Your funny:rolleyes: Between dealing with him on our club page and seeing his attitude on here would rather stay away from that one. He lives about two hours south of me rite now.

I have been thinking of relocating as well. A couple of areas I am looking into are Prescott and Prescott valley, AZ along with Reno, Nevada and Keeler, Colleyville, TX. The latter are due to no state income tax. Reno has no state income tax and decent property taxes. The only issue I have found is the homes are so close together. Right now I live in a subdivision with a minimum acre lots and like the room. Just cannot see moving into a subdivision. Second is I am trying to stay out of California due to the taxes and high cost of living which includes registration of vehicles. City Data is a great website to find out particulars on certain areas. I did look at Scottsdale and found for the price of just housing there has to be a better place. I have not visited so I cannot say for sure. Also if you check Zillow they grade the schools and google earth has feedback on the schools.

Hope this helps.

R/
Will

munstie

I have been thinking of relocating as well. A couple of areas I am looking into are Prescott and Prescott valley, AZ along with Reno, Nevada and Keeler, Colleyville, TX. The latter are due to no state income tax. Reno has no state income tax and decent property taxes. The only issue I have found is the homes are so close together. Right now I live in a subdivision with a minimum acre lots and like the room. Just cannot see moving into a subdivision. Second is I am trying to stay out of California due to the taxes and high cost of living which includes registration of vehicles. City Data is a great website to find out particulars on certain areas. I did look at Scottsdale and found for the price of just housing there has to be a better place. I have not visited so I cannot say for sure. Also if you check Zillow they grade the schools and google earth has feedback on the schools.

Hope this helps.

R/
Will

Thanks will check out the city data:thumbup:

Another idea is to rent a place to really scope out the area. We are going to do so to prevent us from making the wrong choice on where to live and be stuck. Did that once already.

munstie

Another idea is to rent a place to really scope out the area. We are going to do so to prevent us from making the wrong choice on where to live and be stuck. Did that once already.

That's the plan just looking for some input from people who live there already.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Can you take a vacation from your current job? If so, come out here even without your family and visit everywhere. You can go from Phoenix to San Diego to Vegas to Reno within a week and be able to scope places out.

Not sure how old your kids are but you can get school district info online before even coming here as well as job no. Couple questions to help you out more though. What is your price range for rent/mortgage? How far of a commute do you want? City or country living? You like the ghetto, beach, mountains, richy or middle class living? You can narrow the search down a lot with answers to those.

Can you take a vacation from your current job? If so, come out here even without your family and visit everywhere. You can go from Phoenix to San Diego to Vegas to Reno within a week and be able to scope places out.

Not sure how old your kids are but you can get school district info online before even coming here as well as job no. Couple questions to help you out more though. What is your price range for rent/mortgage? How far of a commute do you want? City or country living? You like the ghetto, beach, mountains, richy or middle class living? You can narrow the search down a lot with answers to those.

Couldn't have said it better! If you do come out to socal come out for wheeling trips!

munstie

Been checking schools and so forth online already believe you me trying to dig up as much info as possible online. Our boys are 13,11,9. Would love to be able to run all over out there its just not do able right now.

CRAZYCASEY

I have lived in the Phoenix area for almost 20 years. There are as many great areas as there are bad. A little input on what you are looking for in a neighborhood and a home would help me give you better direction. You also don't want to live in surprise and end up working in Mesa 1 hour plus commutes are no fun.

munstie

I have lived in the Phoenix area for almost 20 years. There are as many great areas as there are bad. A little input on what you are looking for in a neighborhood and a home would help me give you better direction. You also don't want to live in surprise and end up working in Mesa 1 hour plus commutes are no fun.

Looking for a good neighborhood good schools and yes would like to stay at least an hour drive max wherever I find a job out there, which has yet to be determined.

Top Bottom