EVO Bolt-on Coil overs + Stock arms???

jeeplover

Banned
Hey ladies and gents,
I finally saved up enough cash to get the evo bolt ons, drag link flip, and front lowers. I plan on getting the evo double d long arm kit too in the future but for now I just plan on using the factory control arms.

How long do u think the factory arms/ bushings will last. I read somewhere that someone literally snapped a factory rear lower arm in half from all the flex. :eek: I just picked up a spare set of all 8 factory arms the other day for a fairly good price so I guess I can bring spare lowers with me just incase.

So will I be ok to run the coil overs for a (2-3 months) until I get the long arms and sell the front lowers. I will probably only doing 1 or 2 runs in the meantime with co's and stock arms.

Thanks ahead of time :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll be fine and the break in question wasn't caused by flex but from a big hit on rocks while playing really hard.

Serg5000

It's going to depend on how much you wheel. And how extreme you wheel. For example. As you said, you only plan on wheelin twice or so and that is up and down Mojave road then you will be fine. However, if you go out and start climbing rocks, that may not be such a good idea. The factory control arms don't have much flex. At least not the flex you will need with the King bolt ons. I would be concerned with the added stress to the control arm mounts. There are a few threads here if not on JK-forum that address this issue. Search away and you will find what your looking for.

Angry Aussie

If your thinking of getting the evo double d long arm kit you may wanna order it now. I ordered my kit 6 weeks ago, and still don't have it!!!!!! The guys at offroad evo told me the kit is on back order. No clue when I'll ever see this kit. Way things are going , I won't see it till after January.

jeeplover

Banned
You'll be fine and the break in question wasn't caused by flex but from a big hit on rocks while playing really hard.

Ok thank you wayolife :):beer:
I plan on playing on the rocks too so I will just carry a spare set of contol arms for sure until I can get long arms.

Also, I saw that you now have a pro rock 44 up front, but whats your set up in the rear for the rubicat. I would like to get a pr 44 too but im trying to figure out what to do for the rear. Im about to purchase some 37" nitto trail graps just like you have and would really like to know what u recommend. Thanks again

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok thank you wayolife :):beer:
I plan on playing on the rocks too so I will just carry a spare set of contol arms for sure until I can get long arms.

Also, I saw that you now have a pro rock 44 up front, but whats your set up in the rear for the rubicat. I would like to get a pr 44 too but im trying to figure out what to do for the rear. Im about to purchase some 37" nitto trail graps just like you have and would really like to know what u recommend. Thanks again

For now, we're still running the factory 44. Ultimately, we hope to install the PR60 that was on Moby on Rubicat.

jeeplover

Banned
It's going to depend on how much you wheel. And how extreme you wheel. For example. As you said, you only plan on wheelin twice or so and that is up and down Mojave road then you will be fine. However, if you go out and start climbing rocks, that may not be such a good idea. The factory control arms don't have much flex. At least not the flex you will need with the King bolt ons. I would be concerned with the added stress to the control arm mounts. There are a few threads here if not on JK-forum that address this issue. Search away and you will find what your looking for.

Ok thanks, I plan on wheeling on the rocks but not really crazy trails just yet. I still need to adress a few things before going on more difficult trails. I thanks for tips, I will check out jk forum and maybe sign up too. :beer:

Hey ladies and gents,
I finally saved up enough cash to get the evo bolt ons, drag link flip, and front lowers. I plan on getting the evo double d long arm kit too in the future but for now I just plan on using the factory control arms.

How long do u think the factory arms/ bushings will last. I read somewhere that someone literally snapped a factory rear lower arm in half from all the flex. :eek: I just picked up a spare set of all 8 factory arms the other day for a fairly good price so I guess I can bring spare lowers with me just incase.

So will I be ok to run the coil overs for a (2-3 months) until I get the long arms and sell the front lowers. I will probably only doing 1 or 2 runs in the meantime with co's and stock arms.

Thanks ahead of time :D

If your thinking of getting the evo double d long arm kit you may wanna order it now. I ordered my kit 6 weeks ago, and still don't have it!!!!!! The guys at offroad evo told me the kit is on back order. No clue when I'll ever see this kit. Way things are going , I won't see it till after January.

Holly crap! That's a long time! I better order mine now so it comes in by next year! Lmao

ChaosNein

shoot me an email with your order # and I will get you an ETA on your order...

jeeplover

Banned

Holy smokes, thanks for the heads up. That is so crazy 6 weeks? Wow. Might have bite the bullet and just get everything at once :eek:.........oh the wifey is gonna kill me lol

Top Bottom