Brake rotor/Pads combinations?

Mitrig

Hey guys, so its time to swap out my brakes. Stopping power wise I actually had ceramics the whole way around, was a big fan of them for stopping power when I had my SER Altima but lets be honest its a jeep ahahha. Any one have any recommendations as to what I should go for in terms of rotors, and pad combos? I know the set up I have been running is overkill and they are worn to shit in the rear now so its time to swap them out for sure. Fudging canadian weather killing them too much season change.

Thanks!!!!!!

KPM171

Hey guys, so its time to swap out my brakes. Stopping power wise I actually had ceramics the whole way around, was a big fan of them for stopping power when I had my SER Altima but lets be honest its a jeep ahahha. Any one have any recommendations as to what I should go for in terms of rotors, and pad combos? I know the set up I have been running is overkill and they are worn to shit in the rear now so its time to swap them out for sure. Fudging canadian weather killing them too much season change.

Thanks!!!!!!

I ran EBC Yellow Stuff kevlar pads on factory rotors on my TJ and was very happy with stopping power and useable pad life. I'll probably look into the same combo when my JK's pads wear out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I personally prefer factory pads and rotors as they've seemed to work well for me.

Mitrig

I ran EBC Yellow Stuff kevlar pads on factory rotors on my TJ and was very happy with stopping power and useable pad life. I'll probably look into the same combo when my JK's pads wear out.

I will have to check that out. I have never ran a set up like that before. Plus in my house I have the smaller car oddly ahah. My dad had the stock set up on both his 2500 and my moms expedition and then went ceramic after but those are heavy trucks. So the stock rotor and aftermarket pad better in comparison to the oem pad in terms of stopping power?

Mitrig

Honestly, I personally prefer factory pads and rotors as they've seemed to work well for me.

Yea that is my second choice honestly. All depends on what I'm going to blow money on next mod wise that will sway my brake and rotor combo choice

steve_r2

I have factory rotors and EBC Yellow pads front and EBC green on the rear. Had the discs skimmed and new pads about 1500 miles ago. IMHO way better than stock....nearly lost my dentures when I stopped on them properly the first time lol

KPM171

I will have to check that out. I have never ran a set up like that before. Plus in my house I have the smaller car oddly ahah. My dad had the stock set up on both his 2500 and my moms expedition and then went ceramic after but those are heavy trucks. So the stock rotor and aftermarket pad better in comparison to the oem pad in terms of stopping power?
I don't have any scientific data (measured stopping distance, etc) but I will say I felt a considerable difference vs the stock set up even after I upgraded to a much heavier Kevlar tire (KM2's).

Mitrig

I have factory rotors and EBC Yellow pads front and EBC green on the rear. Had the discs skimmed and new pads about 1500 miles ago. IMHO way better than stock....nearly lost my dentures when I stopped on them properly the first time lol

See when i first installed my current set up it was beautiful but my rear rotors are worn to shit along with the pads. The front can handle a littler more but id rather swap them all at the same time. I just dont want to shell out mad cash on cermaics the whole way around again. :( Now with a combo like yours with the denture flying affect I ma have to see what it will get priced up to and give it a whirl. That sounds about closest to my old set up but seems like it wont cost me an arm and a leg.

Teraflex Performance front rotor kit $300 with Autozone duralast gold semi-metallic pads. Works amazing!

Guess its worth pricing up, never thought of checking terraflex for rotor kits.

I don't have any scientific data (measured stopping distance, etc) but I will say I felt a considerable difference vs the stock set up even after I upgraded to a much heavier Kevlar tire (KM2's).

Yea i have duratracs and only started noting that wow my break really are shit now that the tire along weighs like 50 lbs. Cant hurt to check out.

Lets hope canadian pricing is not going to be 1000x more expensive then american or im going to have to jump across the boarder again and pick up all of these.

If you really want something amazing then check out majiks thread on a DIY brake upgrade package. He is pretty close to a final solution and supposedly it's cheaper than teraflex front brake kit. And it includes a front and rear setup now I believe.

Mitrig

If you really want something amazing then check out majiks thread on a DIY brake upgrade package. He is pretty close to a final solution and supposedly it's cheaper than teraflex front brake kit. And it includes a front and rear setup now I believe.

I just did and omg!!!! Done I'm sold, time to work on setting this up! Thanks for the info

Top Bottom