'13 JKR with 37s

Installed 37s and having trouble with them rubbing a bit at the already trimmed pinch seam. Lift is 2.5" and have flat fenders on already. Since this is a two door will rear upper control arms fix this and give me a better pinion angle? How length should I set them to?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You need to trim your pinch seam a lot more if you want to clear 37's with just 2.5" of lift. That is the best way to address your rubbing.

Ok, thanks. I'm still thinking about the upper rear arms though as I hope to save the driveshaft a bit. The pinion angle looks bad and it might also result in a little less trimming. I believe I read somewhere the two doors suffer some bad rear pinion angles when lifted.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, thanks. I'm still thinking about the upper rear arms though as I hope to save the driveshaft a bit. The pinion angle looks bad and it might also result in a little less trimming. I believe I read somewhere the two doors suffer some bad rear pinion angles when lifted.

The rear drive shaft on a 2-door is very short and when lifted, its joints will be subject to premature failure due to them being in a constant state of pinch. Changing your pinion angle with the use of adjustable rear upper arms will help elevate the problem at the pinion but, it will not do anything for the output shaft. Also, in doing this, your rear coils will see a considerable amount of bowing unless you install some kind of lower spring perch correction like what JKS makes. Also, it will not help your rubbing problem. I run 37's on 3.5" of lift and flat fenders and still have had to do a lot of trimming. 2.5" is simply not enough lift to clear 37's effectively especially if you don't do more trimming.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
x2 on what eddie said, i had to trim a decent ammount and still rub somewhere but havnt had a chance to really check yet.

Top Bottom