Black hinges...yah or nay?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Working from home this afternoon and decided I'd take a moment and black out the hinges to see what it looks like on the white. Think I like it.

I'd start a poll but don't know how. So give me your opinions. I know it's not practical, just humor me...I've been slaving away at work for the past few days and need some mind-numbing entertainment. :)

image-3327979232.jpg

2012jkfng702

Working from home this afternoon and decided I'd take a moment and black out the hinges to see what it looks like on the white. Think I like it.

I'd start a poll but don't know how. So give me your opinions. I know it's not practical, just humor me...I've been slaving away at work for the past few days and need some mind-numbing entertainment. :)

View attachment 2808

Looks good brother, Have to check it out in person tomorrow. Might need you to do my door if you want some mind numbing entertainment :brows:
I'd say do it!!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
The votes are in...

The tribe has spoken...

And I just did the first coat on the rest of the door hinges.

MTG

Caught the Bug
LoPo said:
I dig. Is that rattle can?

Plastidip.

That way if I don't like it, it peels right off. Tried it on the jeep logo in February thinking it wouldn't hold up being on the front but it has done great so far! Even held up to the sandstorm I drove through the other day. Whereas the stuff I rattle canned (e.g. C gussets and antenna) are shredded.

MikeLisa

I want to do mine but couldn't decide between plastic dip and the spray on liner. But I think looking at yours the plastic dip is the way to go because it will pill off.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Fun little easy mod to do on an otherwise boring Friday night working. Might do the hood hinges tonight.

image-1847849424.jpg

Total cost: $13.93
Plastidip
Painters tape
Masking paper

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
MikeLisa said:
I want to do mine but couldn't decide between plastic dip and the spray on liner. But I think looking at yours the plastic dip is the way to go because it will pill off.

I was pretty skeptical to use this stuff, but I have to say I like it. Totally reversible with no permanent modification.

Yeti-09

Side note hijack: with the mounts you have for your rigid lights- can you see them from inside? I have the smittybilt brackets and you can't see them at all- saw these a few weeks ago and though about switching out... Sitting inside the driver seat can you see the actual light itself, not the beam but the light housing?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yeti-09 said:
Side note hijack: with the mounts you have for your rigid lights- can you see them from inside? I have the smittybilt brackets and you can't see them at all- saw these a few weeks ago and though about switching out... Sitting inside the driver seat can you see the actual light itself, not the beam but the light housing?

Black Diamond Fabrication. Bought them when the guy was selling them through PayPal. I think Northridge4x4 carries them now.

This is a shot from the drivers seat.

image-2588679431.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom