Black hinges...yah or nay?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sweet! Looks good!

How many coats did you end up doing? I did 4. Seems thick enough.

I like how you did the whole bracket. I taped mine off and immediately wished I had did the whole thing.

JK1

i did 3 coats on most of it but i went a few more coats on the round part cuz it was getting chipped up driving the gravel roads here:mad: so im hoping the rubber holds up and the extra coats on the exposed area works.... sorry the pics suck dam ipod

MTG

Caught the Bug
JK1 said:
i did 3 coats on most of it but i went a few more coats on the round part cuz it was getting chipped up driving the gravel roads here:mad: so im hoping the rubber holds up and the extra coats on the exposed area works.... sorry the pics suck dam ipod

I'm blown away as to how well this hold up. I'm curious about the lower hinge part as well. Have a few chips myself.

MTG

Caught the Bug
TrailBear said:
How well do you think it would hold up on the floor?

Hard to say. I think the stuff is pretty durable but it is also made to peel off. If the edges get caught or snagged it will peel right off. Nice thing is you can try it fairly inexpensively.

JK1

I'm blown away as to how well this hold up. I'm curious about the lower hinge part as well. Have a few chips myself.

one trip down the gravel road...... less then 25mph and only went 2 miles three chips... nice thing is quick re-mask and black again....maybe not enough coats to start with, i dont know... next step is rock sliders.. looking at LoD's cuz i cant weld and dont feel like paying anyone to do it plus they come powered coated but is it worth the extra to get the zinc enriched ones????? and are they as good as the poison spider sliders??? any help would be appreciated

also how did you plasti coat your jeep emblem

thanks

MTG

Caught the Bug
JK1 said:
one trip down the gravel road...... less then 25mph and only went 2 miles three chips... nice thing is quick re-mask and black again....maybe not enough coats to start with, i dont know... next step is rock sliders.. looking at LoD's cuz i cant weld and dont feel like paying anyone to do it plus they come powered coated but is it worth the extra to get the zinc enriched ones????? and are they as good as the poison spider sliders??? any help would be appreciated

also how did you plasti coat your jeep emblem

thanks

That's a bummer. I'll test mine out this week.

I just taped off the jeep logo and sprayed. Some people remove it and then put it back on.

I do not have any personal experience with either of those sliders. But I've read some stories about the PS ones bending so bad the doors cannot be opened.

I actually really like my ACE rails, for a variety of reasons. But I am selling them and going with EVO sliders, which need to be welded on.

Good luck!

combat_trucker

ok crazy question... But if you put a coat or two of clear over the plasti dip do you think it would help with the minor chipping.

JK1

ok crazy question... But if you put a coat or two of clear over the plasti dip do you think it would help with the minor chipping.

IDK thats a good question...I guess it wouldnt hurt to try cuz if I dont like it I could always just peel it off and try again.. i think rock sliders are the ultimate fix (least that is what i keep telling the wife:D)....

jktubby

i have been debating, about black hinges. Looks pretty good, if i dont like it i can always peel it off :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom