What is the most you ever had to spend on repairs...all jeeps included.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Curious as to the most it has ever cost you to fix your rig. Whether it was just a basic repair, on an excursion, maybe participating on an JKX trip, etc. Other than mods I've not had to repair anything yet. Just maintenance.

Last edited:

munstie

Gotta get it done still but was told in the neighborhood of 1500.00 to fix my trail damage. door and windshield frame.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Attachments

• 1383664239743.jpg
    1383664239743.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 285

Atch

When I sheared my sector shaft it cost me about $900 between the tow and the refurbished steering box.

jeff_in_rc

2 days after buying my old YJ the slave cyclinder went out, $850.00 for a new clutch, slave kit, etc.
Then a week later the exhust manifold decided it wanted to be in 2 pieces, another $800.00 gone.
After that it was all 6 u-joints and front wheel bearing assys but I did it myself for around $200.00

Knock on wood all I need for the TJ right now is new sway bar bushings.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
$316 for a carburetor that wouldn't work correctly, had it looked over by the shop that sold it to me, they tuned it, only for it to stop working again on the way home. Ended up with a $1,195 Howell fuel injection kit. All in total, over 1600 bucks just to get the damn thing running. It was a great investment though, I never had any issues with it after that.
IMG_5307.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I feel like this could be a good and scary thread at the same time. No fixes here yet (knock on wood)

dahreno

Banned
Not alot on repairs but , I think another thread on builds and mods would be unbelievable ! I know I would be embarassed to admit how much I have spent.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
This is probably a thread best not shown to the wifey. I wonder what some of the members have to spend after a JKX trip to fix their rig.

BlackKnight

$1100 on a new dana 40 rear for my Wife's 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Traded it in 3 weeks after for my new 2013 JK..

With 3800 miles on the odometer I lost at Jousting with a tree. It ripped the driver-side flare off and damaged the fender sheet metal. The body work was $400, (Originally quoted $700, but I did the dis-assembly and prep to save coin.) Then I ordered a full set of PSC aluminum tube fender flares. Once all said and done I had about $1300 in total expenses.

I tell everyone that joins the club I'm in... "If you're wheeling a DD you need to be prepared to spend $1000-$1500 or leave it on the pavement and grab a seat with someone else. Most times you are only out the cost of your fuel, but when things go wrong it gets expensive REALLY fast."

Edit to add pictures:

Fender+Back.jpg

Fnder+Side.jpg

Exactly one week later...

All_Fixed.jpg

Last edited:

dahreno

Banned
I would rather damage my Jeep and pay for repairs than ride with someone else . It builds character and memories !

catahoula

Caught the Bug
With 3800 miles on the odometer I lost at Jousting with a tree. It ripped the driver-side flare off and damaged the fender sheet metal. The body work was $400, (Originally quoted $700, but I did the dis-assembly and prep to save coin.) Then I ordered a full set of PSC aluminum tube fender flares. Once all said and done I had about $1300 in total expenses.

I tell everyone that joins the club I'm in... "If you're wheeling a DD you need to be prepared to spend $1000-$1500 or leave it on the pavement and grab a seat with someone else. Most times you are only out the cost of your fuel, but when things go wrong it gets expensive REALLY fast."

Edit to add pictures:

Fender+Back.jpg

Fnder+Side.jpg

Exactly one week later...

All_Fixed.jpg

Nice flares! The great thing about repairs you can always upgrade to something way better!:rock:

David1tontj

Nice flares! The great thing about repairs you can always upgrade to something way better!:rock:

That's how I got one ton axles... It was actually my wife's idea... We broke the dana 35 twice, and I was gonna swap a 44... She said, if you're already swapping, why not go with 60's? Sold!!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

gyoe

I've spent over $3,000 this yr...

ball joints, driveshaft, wheels, a tire, draglink, stabilizer, water pump, track bar, track bar bracket, pinion seal..

catahoula

Caught the Bug
That's how I got one ton axles... It was actually my wife's idea... We broke the dana 35 twice, and I was gonna swap a 44... She said, if you're already swapping, why not go with 60's? Sold!!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

You lucky dog!

I've spent over $3,000 this yr...

ball joints, driveshaft, wheels, a tire, draglink, stabilizer, water pump, track bar, track bar bracket, pinion seal..

Ouch!:eek:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
We spent on my jeep repair.. $19,600.00 does it count if the insurance company paid 90% of it..:what:...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom