2013 JK Sahara engine trouble codes.

Hookdonquack

So I have a 2013 wrangler unlimited sahara with the 3.6 Pentastar. Parked it last night and went to bed, woke up this morning to go to the shoppette and I had a check engine light on. Checked the DTC with the key method and I pulled up a P0520. I looked through thw list of codes on here and that was one that I couldnr find. I googled it and it says that its a engine oil pressure sensor, along with 0521, 22, and 23. Can I get some insight into this problem? Im currently stationed in germany so the shops are few to none. I do have a 75k mile warranty but im sure thats harder than trying to get a straight answer from the government right now, so what can I do? I know its time for an oil change but once again, the places where I can buy oil and change it are closed now. I guess thats the perks of living on post. And changing it in my driveway is also out of the questions, thats a big no no on post as well... while washing your car in your driveway is just as bad. Somebody help me!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1384011965286.jpg
    1384011965286.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 86

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, first and foremost, I would check your dip stick to make sure you have enough oil. Let us know what you find.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
According to the dipstick it's good on oil

Okay, that's a start. Do you know what kind of oil filter you are using. I can't say for certain but, when I had a similar problem, I did find that some could give problems like this. Of course, it could be you're just due for an oil change.

Hookdonquack

I'm running royal purple 5w-20. I was hoping that it was because I was due for one, but due to being in Germany everything is limited as far as when they're open. And with it being a holiday weekend the schedules are more messed up. I've not had it out playing or anything so I know nothing is my fault.

Hookdonquack

I don't know either. I thought that's what I had put in it. I'm really hoping that it's just because I need an oil change. I don't even know where to begin if I had to take it to a shop or have warranty work done on it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know either. I thought that's what I had put in it. I'm really hoping that it's just because I need an oil change. I don't even know where to begin if I had to take it to a shop or have warranty work done on it

Well, I would change your oil and clear you code and start there. If the code comes up again, you will need to take your Jeep into the dealership to get scanned.

Hookdonquack

Do you know if there's a way to clear the codes without a code scanner? Something the same way as you turn the key to read the codes?

Top Bottom