Liscense Plate Placement

crowrb29

Wondering what some of you guys run as far as aftermarket mounts and lights and which ones are the best deals for the rear mount.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the rear, I've run a Rock Hard spare tire bracket and mount and it worked well. Affordable and easy to install. I now run a mount that I made myself and have it attached just above the hitch receiver.

JKLIFE

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384704624.239832.jpg I run the OR FAB mount. I love it. I have two Rotopax gas cans and my hi-lift jack mounted on it. It saves the hinges of my backdoor. No rattles. Pretty solid product. Good luck.

JK1

i personally like GCM 2 licenses plate bracket i believe its a tj bracket that he modded for his JK but it looks different and thats what i like about it

:beer:

GCM 2

i personally like GCM 2 licenses plate bracket i believe its a tj bracket that he modded for his JK but it looks different and thats what i like about it :beer:

Thanks, glad you like it! Yes, it is a TJ bracket made by Warrior off-road products, I think I bought it from Quadratec. I ran it on my old TJ and always liked it on that rig, so I just tried it on the JK. On the JK the process for attaching it factory sheet metal does require a little drilling. Two (maybe three?) of the factory plate bolt holes locations can be used, but the remaining one (or two?) need to be drilled. It's very solid and although it is not impossible to tear it off, it's going to take serious effort and damage to the rear quarter panel would happen no matter what plate holder you would choose to run.

image-1657694681.jpg

image-454230451.jpg

image-136877289.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks, glad you like it! Yes, it is a TJ bracket made by Warrior off-road products, I think I bought it from Quadratec. I ran it on my old TJ and always liked it on that rig, so I just tried it on the JK. On the JK the process for attaching it factory sheet metal does require a little drilling. Two (maybe three?) of the factory plate bolt holes locations can be used, but the remaining one (or two?) need to be drilled. It's very solid and although it is not impossible to tear it off, it's going to take serious effort and damage to the rear quarter panel would happen no matter what plate holder you would choose to run.

View attachment 56838

View attachment 56839

View attachment 56841

Very nice bracket as well as the rig! I found on their site does yours have an LED light as well?

Last edited:

suicideking

I have the rock hard holder on the rear. On the front, I don't have a winch yet so just bolted the front plate over the winch hole.

I'm not sure where I'm going to put the front plate when I get a winch. I've seen different options, but none that I really like.

For the rear, I've run a Rock Hard spare tire bracket and mount and it worked well. Affordable and easy to install. I now run a mount that I made myself and have it attached just above the hitch receiver.

Eddie do you have specs on the license plate relocation bracket you made. Thinking it is time to relocate mine.

I would gladly pay you tuesday for a cheeseburger today.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Eddie do you have specs on the license plate relocation bracket you made. Thinking it is time to relocate mine.

I would gladly pay you tuesday for a cheeseburger today.

It won't work unless you have the EVO carrier or something similar. The tire sits too low on the other carriers and the stock carrier. I've tried.

It won't work unless you have the EVO carrier or something similar. The tire sits too low on the other carriers and the stock carrier. I've tried.

Overlander ever so observant as always. Thank you for the correction. I guess it will have to be an orginial. We will just have to see how it comes out.:thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Overlander ever so observant as always. Thank you for the correction. I guess it will have to be an orginial. We will just have to see how it comes out.:thumb:

The only place to mount it would be under the frame rail which I would rip off. If you mount it above you won't be able to see it because of the spare.

Devallee

image-2219004858.jpg

I copied GCM2 because I really liked the idea. However, I just bolted down the plate using the holes at were already there to hold the plastic license plate thing in there, then bent the plate and wrapped it around the corner. Went to autozone and found an LED strip and stuck it on the underside of the taillight and it works perfectly :thumb:

Top Bottom