ARB Twin mounted in a 12+?

RamP

Are there any solutions yet to mount the ARB twin compressor in a 2012 and up JK? I've seen an under the seat bracket but don't know if it's in production yet.
Has anyone mounted it in the "trunk recess".
Thanks
Rich

StrizzyChris

I have seen two people, I'm sure they're more, that have cut out or modified the trunk recess and placed it there. The only problem I can see with that is the heat dispersement. Electric compressors tend to overheat easily and need ventilation to function.

RamP

I can see that. Maybe venting the floor above it would be an option.
There needs to be a bracket mfg'd for these soon.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
MORE has an under the good bracket for the twin. They say it's good for an '07+ so it should cover all model years. I just installed it in my 11.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384884786.765288.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384884797.091495.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

E-man

From what I've read, the under the seat bracket from CMM is in production and readily available. Very, very clean install but I believe the bracket is around $90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KPM171

It should. Spod mounts farther forward.
In my rig (2013) I don't think it would. My sPod mounts to the back of the CPU and needs the same space as that bracket. However, If I'm wrong, a stronger air compressor could be on the wish list!

RamP

I don't think it would fit either. Especially if you installed an air locker manifold right in front if the compressor.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
In my rig (2013) I don't think it would. My sPod mounts to the back of the CPU and needs the same space as that bracket. However, If I'm wrong, a stronger air compressor could be on the wish list!

it should fit. there is a good amount of room under the mount. next trip i will let you take a look at it.

I don't think it would fit either. Especially if you installed an air locker manifold right in front if the compressor.

i believe the air locker compressor sit on the mount in the 4 open bolt hole locations. i may be wrong but its a strong guess.

RamP

Awesome Rick. Please let us know how the install and fit goes. I assume your using it primarily to air up tires and maybe the occasional air tool use?

Awesome Rick. Please let us know how the install and fit goes. I assume your using it primarily to air up tires and maybe the occasional air tool use?

I will be using it to air up may add a tank later down the road, and also for arb lockers when the stockers crap out... i have a power tank also, but with 37's it just goes empty to fast and have to drive an hour to get it filled... so IMHO on board air is the way to go

suicideking

I have it mounted using the under seat bracket. It's mounted under the passenger seat.

I was originally going to have it installed above the rear wheel well. The shop didn't want to put it there because they didn't like extending the electrical all the way back there.

It works great! I have it running my rear ARB locker and still airs up tires fast. It has never overheated. I had an Viair 400C that would overheat after 2 tires, even if I didn't use my locker at all. I couldn't wait to get rid of that Viair.

Spartan

I have it mounted using the under seat bracket. It's mounted under the passenger seat.

I was originally going to have it installed above the rear wheel well. The shop didn't want to put it there because they didn't like extending the electrical all the way back there.

It works great! I have it running my rear ARB locker and still airs up tires fast. It has never overheated. I had an Viair 400C that would overheat after 2 tires, even if I didn't use my locker at all. I couldn't wait to get rid of that Viair.

Do you have the 12 volt or the 24 volt?
Why under the seat instead of under the hood?

wetfootnw

I have the Twin under the hood with the spod. It fits if you dont use a manifold for lockers. I had the small arb and kept the bracket which would be good for the locker manifold on the other side. It's a tight fit and the compressor gets hot just from the mount location. In this case a bit too hot for what I like, so I'm planning to move it under the seat.

IMG_20131020_124446_647 (Large).jpg
IMG_20131020_124431_684 (Large).jpg

KPM171

I have the Twin under the hood with the spod. It fits if you dont use a manifold for lockers. I had the small arb and kept the bracket which would be good for the locker manifold on the other side. It's a tight fit and the compressor gets hot just from the mount location. In this case a bit too hot for what I like, so I'm planning to move it under the seat.

View attachment 57349
View attachment 57350
Wow, that is snug up against the sPod. Why does that bracket push the compressor so far forward? It looks like there's a ton of space to back it up closer to the firewall. Does it have anything to do with access to the brake fluid? My ARB CKMA12 sits damn near on the firewall.
17919_10151534884282068_581331632_n.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow, that is snug up against the sPod. Why does that bracket push the compressor so far forward? It looks like there's a ton of space to back it up closer to the firewall. Does it have anything to do with access to the brake fluid? My ARB CKMA12 sits damn near on the firewall.

yea it has to do with access to the brake fluid. if you look at the pic of mine you will see i have just enough room to take the cap off and fill it.

Top Bottom