ARB Twin mounted in a 12+?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If it switch over to the arb, it will deff be inside somewhere to keep it away from all the underhood heat, well thats unless I just dont sell some stuff and get a powerplant which id rather have.

suicideking

Do you have the 12 volt or the 24 volt?
Why under the seat instead of under the hood?

12 volt. I don't think a 24 volt will work on a Jeep, those are for vehicles that have 24 volt electrical systems.

I didn't want to put it under the hood for heat reasons. My Viair was having problems under the hood. With the Viair, I drove 15 minutes once without having it turned on. A friend wanted to see it. I touched it and almost burned myself. Can't be good if it's that hot when it hasn't even been used.

With it under the seat, it will keep much cooler and only heat up when it is used.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
12 volt. I don't think a 24 volt will work on a Jeep, those are for vehicles that have 24 volt electrical systems.

I didn't want to put it under the hood for heat reasons. My Viair was having problems under the hood. With the Viair, I drove 15 minutes once without having it turned on. A friend wanted to see it. I touched it and almost burned myself. Can't be good if it's that hot when it hasn't even been used.

With it under the seat, it will keep much cooler and only heat up when it is used.

I was wondering after helping cozdude install his, when its under the seat how do you run the fittings for the air line? is it still easy to get to?

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I'm probably going to go with the under the seat mount as well.......as far as the plugins for my air I may plumb them through my b-posts about 2"-3" above my Fab-Fours sliders with an attached black cap to keep debris out......don't really know if that's feasible to do or if it is can I get some fittings that will end closer to the body I don't want it sticking out far enough to catch something.........just a thought......I'm sure it's been done already

Woodrow

jesse3638

Hooked
My question is for those that have mounted it under the seat is how loud is it during locker operation? I know its not a constant "on" but I can imagine it cycling on and off and it scaring you its its really loud. I'm currently just running the Rubi lockers but may go to ARB lockers down the road and just looking for an idea. Obviously using it for airing up won't be an issue as I will be outside...;)

suicideking

I was wondering after helping cozdude install his, when its under the seat how do you run the fittings for the air line? is it still easy to get to?

I had it installed by a shop, so can't really be much help answering this. All I know is they somehow put it under the seat and it works... :D

Definitely not easy to get to. When they needed to fix an air leak, they had to take the seat out to get to it. It was not an easy install and I noticed the shop does not recommend them simply because the install was a pain. That said, it's works SO much better than the Viair I had. It works all the time (100% duty cycle), airs up tires fast.

My question is for those that have mounted it under the seat is how loud is it during locker operation? I know its not a constant "on" but I can imagine it cycling on and off and it scaring you its its really loud. I'm currently just running the Rubi lockers but may go to ARB lockers down the road and just looking for an idea. Obviously using it for airing up won't be an issue as I will be outside...;)

It's not that bad. Sure, it's not a pleasant sound, but really not that bad. I did have an air leak at one point so it would kick on every 20 seconds. That was annoying. Since I got that fixed, it only kicks on initially to fill up the line, and then every now and then when the locker is being used.

Serg5000

I feel its loud being under the hood. I couldn't imagine it being inside the cab. There is no way I could take it. It's twice the sound of the old single.
I don't see how folks say it's not bad.

As for heat. The fan It has does a great job keeping it cool enough to keep it from shutting down.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
suicideking do you have a pic of where the line connects for airing up? thats mainly what I am looking for when mounted under the seat, or do you just always keep the line hooked up and pull it where its needed?

suicideking

suicideking do you have a pic of where the line connects for airing up? thats mainly what I am looking for when mounted under the seat, or do you just always keep the line hooked up and pull it where its needed?

They ran a line to a connector on the front bumper. You can see it in this pic on the passenger side, the blue connector right in front of the grill. My bumper has light tabs. I don't have any lights, so it's mounted to one of the tabs. I had it roughly in the same place with the stock bumper. I had one on the rear stock bumper too, but it kept coming out so I took it off. I could put the rear back on now that I have a rear bumper, but don't really need it. When the air hose is connected in the front, it's more than long enough to get to all 4 tires.

Attachments

• HR EC.jpg
    HR EC.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

suicideking

I think one of the rigs that was spotted at Sema had a similar fitting right around the side rail. That would be a shorter run, but more questionable form of protection versus up on a bumper. Still creative idea though.

SEMA Bushwacker Trail Rescue Jeep JK8- 5th picture down

I think it would be fine in that location since it's above the rail. Not sure why you'd want it there though -- then you would have to have one on each side. With it on the bumper, it's a good location that you can have one connecter to hit all 4 tires.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
That's my thought......a plugin on both sides through the b-posts just above the sliders......practical.....convenient ....centrally located if I needed to use some air tools.....we'll see......I have some other things i'm probably going to work on before this but it's near the top of my list.

Woodrow

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
That's my thought......a plugin on both sides through the b-posts just above the sliders......practical.....convenient ....centrally located if I needed to use some air tools.....we'll see......I have some other things i'm probably going to work on before this but it's near the top of my list.

Woodrow

I'd love seeing what you come up with if you decide to do it!

bo9roadking

I have the twin arb compressor mounted under the hood on my 2012 JKU. I'm using the M.O.R.E. bracket. If I ever get an sPOD, I'll have to relocate the mini air tank that has my locker solenoids on it. Everthing works great.
On-board ARB.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have the twin arb compressor mounted under the hood on my 2012 JKU. I'm using the M.O.R.E. bracket. If I ever get an sPOD, I'll have to relocate the mini air tank that has my locker solenoids on it. Everthing works great.
View attachment 58269

much cleaner set up then how mine is right now lol. how did you move the black sides with the air hose and the air line? mine looks messy as hell right now compared to yours

bo9roadking

much cleaner set up then how mine is right now lol. how did you move the black sides with the air hose and the air line? mine looks messy as hell right now compared to yours
Not exactly sure what you are asking. I've taken a close-up pic for you. I hope it helps.
ARBphoto-small.jpg
EDIT: If you are asking how I moved the black ends on the small air tank, I loosened up the bolt on the end to allow me that ability to spin them. I tightened everything back up when I had everything where I wanted it. I used Loctite 569 thread sealant to make sure none of the connections would leak.

Last edited:
Top Bottom