Will a 3.5" AEV Lift fit 37" tires?

King Con

Hello Wayalifers!

Just wondering, will a 3.5" AEV lift kit fit 37" tires? I really want 37" tires, but my dealer says anything over a 4" lift will void warranty. I don't get why a 3.5" wouldn't void it, but a 4.5" would. I have been told by a few that they think 37" tires would not fit.

Thanks,

KingCon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm with OverlanderJK on this one, the amount of lift you have should have no bearing on whether or not a defective factory part should be warrantied or not. Sounds to me like you're already being setup for a fall. Otherwise, you can kind of clear 37's with flat fenders so long as you do some trimming of the pinch seam as well. Of course, not all 3.5" lift yield 3.5" of lift and who's going to determine how much lift you really have? You or your dealer?

1BAMFR

Yes, they will fit!

Trim your rear pinch seams, flat flares and if you have a Rubi...trim the rock rails.

Also, you will need to "tune" your suspension by flexing it out and having the correct bump stops in place.

1BAMFR

Check out my Dad's Jeep...His is the Billet Rubi. It has the AEV 3.5" lift with 35's....easily room there for 37's

20131101_173952_zpsee46419c.jpg

20131101_173929_zps1380aff0.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 37's would be more of an issue with your warranty.

Ain't that the truth! 37's will put a lot more wear and tear on your Jeep than would a lift any day of the week. They will cause your ball joints and unit bearings to go out sooner than later and they will put a lot more stress on your lockers and cause them to fail prematurely. But of course, any lift that comes with shocks that allow for more than factory droop or there about will cause your front drive shaft to get ruined on any automatic or any 2012-up regardless of transmission. If you were to be getting a 2-door, any lift greater than 3" will cause the rear drive shaft to fail prematurely too. If you're really worried about warranties, you best not lift your Jeep or run bigger tires.

1BAMFR

Ain't that the truth! 37's will put a lot more wear and tear on your Jeep than would a lift any day of the week. They will cause your ball joints and unit bearings to go out sooner than later and they will put a lot more stress on your lockers and cause them to fail prematurely. But of course, any lift that comes with shocks that allow for more than factory droop or there about will cause your front drive shaft to get ruined on any automatic or any 2012-up regardless of transmission. If you were to be getting a 2-door, any lift greater than 3" will cause the rear drive shaft to fail prematurely too. If you're really worried about warranties, you best not lift your Jeep or run bigger tires.

Warranty?....what's that?

quit staring

they will fit nicely with flat flares like everyone else said. my pinch seam was already on an angle from the factory but ill end up cutting it more and the rails.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384912158.115818.jpg e
this is with a 2.5" spacer in the front and 2" in the rear with 37's. little tight but they fit

bl17z90

I have the AEV 2.5" on my 2 door wnd could easily fit 37's. so if you want to keep your cog down and spend a little less you could go that route as well.

Sent from my phone?

kgw350

Here is a picture of the 4.5" aev lift with 37s and beadlocks I installed. He had bought it from the dealer with 3.5" and 35s. You can buy the AEV jeeps from the dealer set up all different ways. Some problems I ran into needed a rear drive shaft right away it contacted the gas tank and ripped the boot. Then the front failed after 6 months I will be replacing that after the holidays. The 37" tires have a very small contact with the AEV rear bumper.

1387637733978.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the AEV 2.5" on my 2 door wnd could easily fit 37's. so if you want to keep your cog down and spend a little less you could go that route as well.

Maybe it's just me but, just because you can make something fit doesn't mean it's always a good idea to do.

Some problems I ran into needed a rear drive shaft right away it contacted the gas tank and ripped the boot. Then the front failed after 6 months I will be replacing that after the holidays. The 37" tires have a very small contact with the AEV rear bumper.

Imagine that.

bl17z90

Maybe it's just me but, just because you can make something fit doesn't mean it's always a good idea to do.

Not saying it is the best course of action. Just pointing out that he could do that if he really wanted to.

Sent from my phone?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
You can clear 37s with an AEV 2.5 and flat fenders, and you won't have to mess with the drag link. I'd go that route.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Here is a picture of the 4.5" aev lift with 37s and beadlocks I installed. He had bought it from the dealer with 3.5" and 35s. You can buy the AEV jeeps from the dealer set up all different ways. Some problems I ran into needed a rear drive shaft right away it contacted the gas tank and ripped the boot. Then the front failed after 6 months I will be replacing that after the holidays. The 37" tires have a very small contact with the AEV rear bumper.

View attachment 61071

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The AEV 3.5"+ tend to rip not because of the gas tank, but because of the EVAP. You need to move it 2 inches so that it doesn't happen again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkfLGjzH7Z4

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can clear 37s with an AEV 2.5 and flat fenders, and you won't have to mess with the drag link. I'd go that route.

There's some good wheeling out in WY and honestly, I don't know if I'd really recommend someone spend money on a setup that wouldn't be as capable as a better 3" lift and 35's. Of course, the OP also expressed concerns about his warranty and I personally would consult with his dealership to see what they think before pulling the trigger. But of course, that's just me.

Top Bottom