Prorock 44 questions

JK12

So I am in for a prorock 44 soon and I had a few questions about it.

1. Can I get away with not having the ARB locker hooked up until I get an air compressor?

2. Can I use an outer axle shaft seal?

3. Will I be able to use my current AEV drag link flip kit on this axle?
For the drag link flip, EVOs flip kit it has one specifically for the Prorock so this is why I ask.

4. And since I plan to run PSC ram assist.. Will I be able to get a skid plate like the Prorock 60's have that come from EVO?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
1. Can I get away with not having the ARB locker hooked up until I get an air compressor?

Yes. Just make sure to plug the bulkhead port until you can plumb it for air.

Not that I know of but really, it's no big deal to not have an outer seal.

For the drag link flip, EVOs flip kit it has one specifically for the Prorock so this is why I ask.

The ProRock 44 axle tube is bigger than factory and so you will not be able to use it. At least, not that I know of.

4. And since I plan to run PSC ram assist.. Will I be able to get a skid plate like the Prorock 60's have that come from EVO?

Sorry but no.

JK12

Now that I think of it I cant run the AEV flip kit. What could i use to plug the hole till i get an air compressor?
and what a bummer on the skid... it'd be nice to have.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just a thought.... At least my plan... Dynatrac's pro rock 44 housing, and it accepts all factory parts, at a fraction of the price. Check it out, as I'm sure it's available in multiple retailers.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...D44-Replacement-Housing-JK-TJ-XJ-p-23999.html

At least you get the strength, and utilize what you already have.

Hope it helps,

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

You can't upgrade to ARB. The axle configurations are different for a factory locker and an ARB.

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
You can't upgrade to ARB. The axle configurations are different for a factory locker and an ARB.

For me that's fine, for him he may want to opt for the DA44-3010-G under options on the same page... Dunno how much that affects cost for the housing itself.

JK12

Just a thought.... At least my plan... Dynatrac's pro rock 44 housing, and it accepts all factory parts, at a fraction of the price. Check it out, as I'm sure it's available in multiple retailers.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...D44-Replacement-Housing-JK-TJ-XJ-p-23999.html

At least you get the strength, and utilize what you already have.

Hope it helps,

Yea thanks for the thought but my plan is for ARB's front and rear

Tcdawg

OverlanderJK said:

You could upgrade to an Ox.

Ox makes a locker replacement for the rubi 44 axles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea thanks for the thought but my plan is for ARB's front and rear

It's what I would recommend and of course, what I run.

You could upgrade to an Ox.

Ox makes a locker replacement for the rubi 44 axles.

I work in the off road industry and assist as part of the Discount Tire/Off Road Evolution 4451 Ultra4 pit crew and don't know a single person running an OX.

Rottenbelly

So I am in for a prorock 44 soon and I had a few questions about it.

Yes. Just keep the little cover on the air connector till ready.

Are you gonna run 35 spline shafts? Not sure they would work on them.

I am not familiar with the AEV flip kit but I am running a flip on stock knuckles and running the red neck ram setup.
Worked out just fine. Except I didn't want my ram pushing out in the middle of the tie rod, so I had a buddy help me fab up a mount that pushes toward the knuckle.
Saw to many tie rods get pushed out in the middle.
2B3E7A31-9BEA-48D3-ADA5-5E5A867950C5-17460-00000C3B66D46A2B.jpg

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I think the reply was related to the factory splines being different vs. aftermarket shafts/locker splines, :idontknow: .

Yep, that is true. Had to go to 35 splines. Which by the way reminds me that I need to sell my Ten Factory 32 spline axles!
:beer::thumb:

Moochie

ARB makes 2 different lockers for the Dana 44 & ProRock 44. The locker that fits in the stock Dana 44 housing is a little smaller & weaker than the locker that would be used in the ProRock.
If you have a ARB locker in the stock housing it can only be used in a different version of the ProRock housing.

Let's say you bought a PR 44 housing and wanted to use your internals with OEM E-locker. You can do this but, with this PR housing you can't upgrade and use the slightly better ARB locker that would have been used in a built PR. You can only use the ARB locker that fits in a stock Dana 44.

Last edited:
Top Bottom