Roll cages? Poison Spyder of RockHard?

safecracker909

Roll cages? Poison Spyder or RockHard?

I haven't decided which way to go with yet. The shop recommends RockHard because of the easier install. Any thoughts.

I am leaning towards Poison Spyder because they are local to me and I already have their rocker rails.

Who has installed a Poison Spyder in their garage?

Last edited:

Heholua

Rock Hard and not just because of its ease of installation. The PS cage is noisy.

Is it the cage itself or is it the windshield that squeaks? Most of the people that I have talked to about their PS cages say the the cage is solid, but the windshield squeaks because there is no tie in to the cage. Some have improvised and welded the OEM tie in bracket on the PS cage and no more squeaking. But if you pay good money for something, I think it should work right out of the box and not have to be modified. PS refuses to add windshield tie ins due to esthetic reasons, so they say.

pastorwug

My wife can't wait until I get the Rockhard Sport Cage - for her, purely for the grab handles she wants to help her get in now that I have a 4" lift!
It definitely is my next purchase.

My wife can't wait until I get the Rockhard Sport Cage - for her, purely for the grab handles she wants to help her get in now that I have a 4" lift!
It definitely is my next purchase.

Did you see mine? I have the RockHard cage but it didnt fit as clean as I had hoped.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is it the cage itself or is it the windshield that squeaks? Most of the people that I have talked to about their PS cages say the the cage is solid, but the windshield squeaks because there is no tie in to the cage. Some have improvised and welded the OEM tie in bracket on the PS cage and no more squeaking. But if you pay good money for something, I think it should work right out of the box and not have to be modified. PS refuses to add windshield tie ins due to esthetic reasons, so they say.

Honestly, I think it's both but because it doesn't tie into the windshield. It's super annoying and like you said, for the money, the last thing I'd want to do is have to weld on tabs just to make it tolerable. The Rock Hard cage is solid and the easiest to install when compared to a PS or OR-Fab cage. It is also the only one I have seen on a Jeep that has rolled 3 times - it protected it's occupants just fine.

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
I installed a PS cage in my garage.... Didn't think it was too difficult, like anything it was easier doing with 2 people than by yourself. I like PS cage, and will be putting it in my new 2014 JKUR, I have heard others say their PS cage is noisy, but I can say the one I put in doesn't make any noise.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

Raceplayhavefun

I have seen and used both. My 08 has rock hard and the 09 has PS. Have had no noise issues with the PS. Actually this is the first I've heard of that problem! The PS is a very robust piece overall. I like the interlocking tube clamps although they can be a bit finicky to put together. I don't care for the RH quite so much. HOWEVER! I feel the RH does a better job of tiring to the stock cage. A bit better attachment. I feel either one would do the job, however is would lean towards the PS on my next one. Me being me, I would probably modify the junction point for better assurance. Overall I like the look and fit of the PS better.

suicideking

One more vote for the Rock Hard. Everyone that I've talked to that has one loves it. Only know of one local that got the PSC and the shop said it's nice, but a bitch to install.

DaK

Another vote for Rock Hard. Had ours powder coated to match the jeep before install. At the time we chose the RH unit the PS cage was having serious fitment issues such as installers couldn't properly secure the front of the tops. From the posts I read here that issue seems to have been worked through.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Rock Hard. My wife added this mod due to the grab handles. I spray painted mine and it has held up fine. The Rock Hard’s name also reminds me of a killer drink they make up in Tahoe! :shock::yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can you guys post pics of your cage?

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Got a whole write up here too:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2865-Rock-Hard-4x4-JK-Sport-Cage-Installation-Write-Up

Top Bottom