Broken parts......

Wittys-JK

Eddie it's obvious you have seen this before but out of curiosity why did it happen? Was it just not enough shock travel?

jeeeep

Hooked
this is a reason I've always avoided extensions. in my experience the extension puts too much force on the extension itself or the part (as you have experienced) as they are usually not truly engineered but just designed to provide an inexpensive end result....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie it's obvious you have seen this before but out of curiosity why did it happen? Was it just not enough shock travel?

What I can tell you is that speed is typically the culprit of this but, I have seen it from guys doing a lot of flexing too. The extensions just put a lot of strain on the factory shocks. For moderate to easy wheeling, they are find but, if you start playing harder, it'll let you know when you've pushed them beyond their limits.

Spartan

I broke a Teraflex shock extension, and speed mix with bumps is what caused it. I got a hold to Teraflex, and they asked me to send some pics of the broken extension. I sent them the pics with my address and the next day I got an e-mail saying a replacement part was in the mail.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You've been answering a lot of questions lately in this fashion. :Lol:

LOL!! I never know for sure but I do like guessing to see if I'm right. :D

he has a 6th sense for this stuff lol also has just seen it plenty of times

Me? Seen it plenty of times? Nah, I'm just an EVO pimp that just likes to bash any other company out there because I have some kind of agenda and don't really know a thing about wheeling because I never go wheeling. :crazyeyes:

bl17z90

LOL!! I never know for sure but I do like guessing to see if I'm right. :D

Me? Seen it plenty of times? Nah, I'm just an EVO pimp that just likes to bash any other company out there because I have some kind of agenda and don't really know a thing about wheeling because I never go wheeling. :crazyeyes:

Hey that Evo stuff looks beautiful in the mall parking lot :brows:

Top Bottom