left cylinder head

Baker

Soo...unfortunately I had my check engine light come on on my way home the other night and took it to the dealer to see what was up and it just so happen to be the stupid recall that was on the bad left cyclinders they had put on the 3.6l. The guy at the garage said it usually happens between 15,000 and 30,000 miles and that they have replaced a lot. Has anyone else had this problem yet?

davantalus

I hadn't heard about this affecting the 2013's... only earlier 2012's.

What was the code?

There's a mega thread about the headers on just about every forum. You might want to start there.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Hey Baker
Yes a lot of us have had the same issue. My head went bad around 22,000. Took them about two weeks before they could get the part to replace it. I would think it would be faster now. Only seen this issue with the 2012's

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CrazyLarry

Some guys have even had to have then replaced twice. In at 26k miles with a 2012 built in March. So far so good knock on wood

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
My 2012 JKUR with 24K mi. threw the code 10 days ago. I tried to use the ignition key trick to read the code. It kept telling me "done" meaning no stored code. The dealer's diagnostics quickly found a mis-fire with #2 cylinder. If I pay close attention I can feel it running slightly rough. Jeep has been saying the problem only affects 1/2 of 1% of 2012's. Supposedly by the time mine was built in June of 2012 the issue was fixed. Don't believe it. My dealer quoted me a delivery time for the new head to be 2-3 weeks. By now I would think they'd be ahead of the curve, but that's still open for debate. To me it's not a catastrophe, but it does fall under the "broken shoe lace" category which means it's a major pain in the ass. There are several threads on the Forum about this issue. All the best. Maybe I'll see you in the dealer's waiting room.:cheesy:

Baker

I took mine in yesterday and they fixed everything within a day, they gave me a loaner for the day and even fixed the loose screws in the soft top latches and they also replaced the transmission tubes all in a day. Carl burgers is really good with there customer satisfaction. Hopefully I don't ever have to go back though. As for just being the 2012's that's not true. The guy had told me the same heads led into the first part of the 2013's but the 14's should never have that problem or even the later 13's.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I took mine in yesterday and they fixed everything within a day, they gave me a loaner for the day and even fixed the loose screws in the soft top latches and they also replaced the transmission tubes all in a day. Carl burgers is really good with there customer satisfaction. Hopefully I don't ever have to go back though. As for just being the 2012's that's not true. The guy had told me the same heads led into the first part of the 2013's but the 14's should never have that problem or even the later 13's.

Good to hear it turned out well for you. They're planning to do the xmission line recall for me as well. I'm supposed to be in Colorado right now, but had to scrap the plan to get this taken care of. I guess that's why I'm aggravated. Bad timing! I'll get over it.:yup:

Baker

Good to hear it turned out well for you. They're planning to do the xmission line recall for me as well. I'm supposed to be in Colorado right now, but had to scrap the plan to get this taken care of. I guess that's why I'm aggravated. Bad timing! I'll get over it.:yup:

Yea I was so upset. Once it's all fixed and everything's back to normal again it's the best feeling.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
14k on myne and still good for now, seems like i will just be paitently waiting for it to happen tho :grayno:

Well I just got the news from the dealer that cylinder 2 was misfiring and they will be replacing the head for the second time. I've had my 2012 since new and have put 30k miles on it. The first head replacement was after I had noticed the ticking early in the motors life

Top Bottom