Transmission problem?

bran996

Well on my way home from lunch my 2009 jku with 47000 gave me some issues. When I went to shift from park to drive it took a while to engage and when it did it has a big jump. Then when accelerating it was a high screeching sound and the rpms started to climb high like when a clutch goes out. So after waiting for 2 hours I'm here at Victorville motors. Hopefully it's not to big.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, did they find out what the problem was? Low on ATF? Was it a programming issues? Love to hear what you found out.

Kneece

I would like to know also. I just noticed I small leak on one of my AT lines. Strange how that happens.

Sent by Pony Express

finger3

Good luck. Hope it's an easy fix. I've always said if my auto goes out it's getting replaced with a standard.

F41L

Agreed on the Torque converter, hopefully. If it's a transmission problem it will be a more intensive repair, fingers are crossed for you.

bran996

Just received a call and was told it was a transmission failure. Just waiting for my warranty agent to go inspect it.

bran996

So I was told these codes came up
P0841
P0846
P1790
P0731
P0732
P0733
P0868
P0944
P0218
P0734
Also my warranty is covering the transmission. Sweet. I'm one happy guy

bran996

Yea I'm glad my warranty covered it and will be getting my jeep in 2 days

bran996

Same hear. Saved me some money, I was getting bummed thinking I may have to fork the cash out. Looks like I'll be able to get people (me) gifts now for the holidays.

bran996

So I get my jeep back tomorrow. Yes finally:):beer:
They also told me the transmission lines needed to be replace because they where leaking. So instead of just paying $120 now it's $570. Oh well still cheaper then paying out of pocket for the transmission if I didn't have warranty.

jku_robert

I would like to know also. I just noticed I small leak on one of my AT lines. Strange how that happens.

Sent by Pony Express

Heard there might be a recall for a tranny leak if not out yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrmet1983

That's a shame but at least you didn't have to pay out of pocket for a new tranny !!

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

bran996

Very true. Also what's a good transmission cooler. Any good brands or is the mopar one good enough.

snapfish

Very true. Also what's a good transmission cooler. Any good brands or is the mopar one good enough.

Hi bran996,
I have B&M T. Cooler installed on my 2008 JKUR. Since the day i have installed it, i never had any "hot oil" warnings or issues with my tranny.
I recommend B&M, but any others TC's will do the same job very well...

ps. if you need help installing one, i can help you. i am near you in victorville.......

snapfish.

Top Bottom