Daylighters or Slimlites?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
In the market for front bumper lighting. Can't decide on getting KC Daylighters or spending the extra $$ and getting Slimlites. I'd love to do LEDs, but they're not in the budget and they're not gonna get used a whole lot, except when driving the back roads. Anyone have any input on the differences between the KC options, other than housing size/shape? Any other lighting opinions other than KC, around the same price?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Daylighters are about as old school as they get but, are tried and true. They provide a good amount of extra light for what you pay for. The Slimlites work just as well with a smaller housing. I might recommend a set of IPF 968's as they are affordable too and work pretty well.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Daylighters are about as old school as they get but, are tried and true. They provide a good amount of extra light for what you pay for. The Slimlites work just as well with a smaller housing. I might recommend a set of IPF 968's as they are affordable too and work pretty well.

If I were to go with LEDs, what would you recommend around the same price. Would like to get them from quadratec.com since I got gift certificates for Christmas. Would Rigid Duallys do the job? Not too crazy about using them as driving/spot lights on the bumper, due to their small size. They'll be going on the mopar light bar I put on the stock front bumper.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I were to go with LEDs, what would you recommend around the same price. Would like to get them from quadratec.com since I got gift certificates for Christmas. Would Rigid Duallys do the job? Not too crazy about using them as driving/spot lights on the bumper, due to their small size. They'll be going on the mopar light bar I put on the stock front bumper.

Oh yeah, they'd light the way pretty well and with a whiter light. They're just a bit pricey.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Is it possible to get a single IPF fog light assembly separate? I'd like to wire three up on the light bar (buy a kit and a single light). Light bar has three mounting tabs and I'd like to take advantage of all three.

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug

Can you get the IPF light individually with having to buy two kits? That way I could run three of them

Top Bottom