PDA

View Full Version : good or bad buy?

MayaItani
01-02-2014, 03:57 AM
I recently sold my 09 jeep and am looking to find a new one. Its been real stressful trying to right the right jeep due to the expense and I've become quite picky. I have been looking at a 2008 4 door jk but I'm not exactly set on it yet but i can get it for 17 grand which is in my price range.

Earlier today i came across a 2011 black 4 door sahara with a hard top(what i wanted from the get go), it has around 80,000 miles on it and the doors all need to be replaced. Also, the fenders need to be replaced. It has leather and power window and locks(not use to the luxury in jeeps haha) if i can get the sahara for around 16-18 grand then replace what needs to replace, would it be worth it? or with all the replacements would it be just a ridiculous idea and cost more than what i am comfortable spending… and if i do choose to get the sahara where can i look to buy new stock doors that aren't really expensive.. the ones i have seen are at a cost of about 750 each door which is.. ALOT.

I need help, it would be awesome to get others opinions and options. Things have been tough the past month and I'm looking to finally do things to make up for it. Thanks y'all!

OverlanderJK
01-02-2014, 04:08 AM
I recently sold my 09 jeep and am looking to find a new one. Its been real stressful trying to right the right jeep due to the expense and I've become quite picky. I have been looking at a 2008 4 door jk but I'm not exactly set on it yet but i can get it for 17 grand which is in my price range.

Earlier today i came across a 2011 black 4 door sahara with a hard top(what i wanted from the get go), it has around 80,000 miles on it and the doors all need to be replaced. Also, the fenders need to be replaced. It has leather and power window and locks(not use to the luxury in jeeps haha) if i can get the sahara for around 16-18 grand then replace what needs to replace, would it be worth it? or with all the replacements would it be just a ridiculous idea and cost more than what i am comfortable spending… and if i do choose to get the sahara where can i look to buy new stock doors that aren't really expensive.. the ones i have seen are at a cost of about 750 each door which is.. ALOT.

I need help, it would be awesome to get others opinions and options. Things have been tough the past month and I'm looking to finally do things to make up for it. Thanks y'all!

17k for a Sahara that is beat to shit with 80k miles. No don't buy it.

For 10 grand more you could get a 2014 sport and if you have to finance it'll be better interest and 6 years if you want.

10frank9
01-02-2014, 04:08 AM
The doors need to be replaced?

I would be VERY weary of that Jeep. The lack of care for the outside probably let you know how they took care of the Jeep (inside/ engine). Be patient, shop around and look for the best deal for the best Jeep. Just my 2 cents.....

MayaItani
01-02-2014, 04:15 AM
The doors need to be replaced?

I would be VERY weary of that Jeep. The lack of care for the outside probably let you know how they took care of the Jeep (inside/ engine). Be patient, shop around and look for the best deal for the best Jeep. Just my 2 cents.....

I am sort of questioning it, I think it's been rolled over but the inside is very clean(that doesn't mean anything though obviously). The lack of good treatment the owner had does question me I'm just trying to find what I want at the right price.

JKFlyer
01-02-2014, 04:23 AM
Run and don't look back
In the end it smells like big trouble

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

MayaItani
01-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Run and don't look back
In the end it smells like big trouble

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

It seems like It's always too good to be true. 😔😒

catahoula
01-02-2014, 04:49 AM
IMO...I would never do a 6 or 7 year loan. There are people out there that lease a jeep for two to three years, add tons of mods, then turn around and "return to stock". I don't get that shit. Or they lease it for said amount then turn around and get a loan for say five years...on it. I would really have to like something to pay longer and the extra money. What kinda financing could you get on an 2008? I am assuming there is a cap on length of loan on an older vehicle, and if not you would probably pay a higher interest rate. I would definitely compare options. For something for around 17,000 you could get reasonable payment on a three year loan and if you have excellent credit would get you a lower interest as well. I don't know your finances or situation just giving you some options as well.

H8MUD
01-02-2014, 04:52 AM
Its beat up and has high miles. Run from it.

MayaItani
01-02-2014, 05:49 AM
IMO...I would never do a 6 or 7 year loan. There are people out there that lease a jeep for two to three years, add tons of mods, then turn around and "return to stock". I don't get that shit. Or they lease it for said amount then turn around and get a loan for say five years...on it. I would really have to like something to pay longer and the extra money. What kinda financing could you get on an 2008? I am assuming there is a cap on length of loan on an older vehicle, and if not you would probably pay a higher interest rate. I would definitely compare options. For something for around 17,000 you could get reasonable payment on a three year loan and if you have excellent credit would get you a lower interest as well. I don't know your finances or situation just giving you some options as well.

My main issue with a newer jeep is that I do not want to get a loan and have to finance for a long time.

Jeepmaverick
01-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Be patient. If you rush into it you will regret it. Hold out till you find the one you want that you don't have to put another 3-5 thousand into...especially doors.

StrizzyChris
01-02-2014, 06:10 AM
I wouldnt even look twice at it for that price. I saw an 08 with less miles but needed 1 door replaced due to denting in the middle of the door and the hood looked like hell from hail damage. fenders and everything else was fine and he was selling for 12k (appropriate price for the damage). 17 or 18 K is WAY too high for the amount of damage listed. You could easily fine one needing no repairs and never damaged for that price if you look long and hard enough.

seanb123
01-02-2014, 06:30 AM
I got my 08 2 years ago with 47k for 16k deals are out there just gotta find them

cozdude
01-02-2014, 12:26 PM
As everyone else said I would wait and keep looking. There are tons out there

Sent from my iPhone

H8MUD
01-02-2014, 01:50 PM
It seems like It's always too good to be true. 

Why don't you post some pictures of this Jeep?

Linebacker
01-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Patience grasshopper. The right JK for you is out there. You have chosen the path you want. Don't let temptation steer you down the wrong rock strewn trail. Good luck!;)

catahoula
01-02-2014, 02:05 PM
My main issue with a newer jeep is that I do not want to get a loan and have to finance for a long time.

cash no financing should help the negotiating and score a lower price. like some have posted there are good deals out there. Some too good to be true and if true they go fast.

MayaItani
01-02-2014, 05:08 PM

Here's a pic of the 2008 green one. It has 60,000 miles on it and I can get it for 17 grand 62455

MayaItani
01-02-2014, 05:24 PM

And here's the 2011 Sahara 624566245762458

MayaItani
01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
The only reason why I was considering the Sahara is because I just thought if I got it for cheap I could fix it up but maybe I jumped to assumptions on it and didn't think it through. This jeep looks severely damaged and most likely was involved in a bad wreck

MayaItani
01-02-2014, 08:36 PM
I got my 08 2 years ago with 47k for 16k deals are out there just gotta find them

Where did you get yours? Craigslist? eBay? I've been looking at auction lists

seanb123
01-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Where did you get yours? Craigslist? eBay? I've been looking at auction lists

I got it from a used car dealer up in Connecticut drove up from philly to get it when I saw the price I don't think they knew what they had

MayaItani
01-03-2014, 03:29 AM
I got it from a used car dealer up in Connecticut drove up from philly to get it when I saw the price I don't think they knew what they had

Some people just don't know the value of them to be honest. My dad actually has a used car lot and goes to auctions but I haven't had any luck. It's been maybe 3 months looking.. No luck at all. I've looked at auctions and Craigslist. Nothing :/

jeeeep
01-03-2014, 03:46 AM
And here's the 2011 Sahara 624566245762458

looks like an insurance salvage...

you might also contact credit unions and ask for their repo department, they may have some deals they are looking to get rid of

also doesn't help that Jeep was rated with one of the SUV's that hold their value, cars sales will use that like it's sacred :icon_crazy:

MayaItani
01-03-2014, 03:52 AM
looks like an insurance salvage...

you might also contact credit unions and ask for their repo department, they may have some deals they are looking to get rid of

also doesn't help that Jeep was rated with one of the SUV's that hold their value, cars sales will use that like it's sacred :icon_crazy:

Hm I never considered contacting credit union, I'll have to look into that. I'm just trying to find a good deal. The Sahara is going for 18 no less

Silverton34
01-04-2014, 01:52 AM
If your father is in the business just let him find you something. If anyone can spot a good vs bad vehicle it's a used car lot owner. Patience is your friend.

jeeeep
01-04-2014, 02:33 AM
are you looking for a stock JK?

your dad has been looking for the last 3 months? wow, I see them in the lots and always thought one would be pretty easy to find....guess prices have climbed more than I thought

MayaItani
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
are you looking for a stock JK?

your dad has been looking for the last 3 months? wow, I see them in the lots and always thought one would be pretty easy to find....guess prices have climbed more than I thought

My dad comes across SOO many at auctions don't get me wrong but they just don't sell for what a "good deal" is worth. They sell really expensive at this time of year since everyone seems to want one now. For instance on this past Thursday at the auction a 07 rubicon stock with 97,000 miles sold for 23 grand. And even that beat up Sahara sold for 19 grand(previous one I posted pics of). I know there are jeeps out there but I haven't come across one with a good deal, yes patience is my friend I know but it's getting aggravating. One would think since my dads has a car lot and gets cars from the auction that it would be much easier to find one but it's still just as competitive at auctions. Due to that, that's why I've considered buying brand new from jeep dealership but then id know I lost an Arm and a leg 😒 prices right now just aren't where they should be.

OIIIIIIIO

MayaItani
01-04-2014, 07:09 PM
And yes i want stock because I already took off all my mods when I sold my last jeep. I'm looking to just switch all my mods on my new jeep. But I'll get a lift

OIIIIIIIO

jeeeep
01-05-2014, 05:23 AM
i know prices are crazy!! i went to look at a 2014 just for kicks and they offered me 29K for mine!!! i passed..i plan to keep it even if i buy another one

MayaItani
01-05-2014, 06:43 AM
i know prices are crazy!! i went to look at a 2014 just for kicks and they offered me 29K for mine!!! i passed..i plan to keep it even if i buy another one

You planning on getting another one?

OIIIIIIIO

jeeeep
01-05-2014, 07:14 AM
You planning on getting another one?

OIIIIIIIO

thinking about it ..i travel home often and making the drive is ok but i'm starting to think flying and having one back home may be a good option

MayaItani
01-05-2014, 07:15 AM
thinking about it ..i travel home often and making the drive is ok but i'm starting to think flying and having one back home may be a good option

Then get another one :) nothing wrong with that

OIIIIIIIO

jeeeep
01-05-2014, 07:17 AM
yea because I need 2 JKU's lol

MayaItani
01-05-2014, 07:36 AM
yea because I need 2 JKU's lol

Hahah if you have the money why not

OIIIIIIIO

Sugarbear
01-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Run away and run fast

jeeeep
01-05-2014, 05:07 PM
lol no kidding run away fast...but it is a Jeep!
now that fiat owns it, I wonder if we'll see a crd soon

MayaItani
01-05-2014, 11:04 PM
lol no kidding run away fast...but it is a Jeep!
now that fiat owns it, I wonder if we'll see a crd soon

What's fiat gonna do now that they own jeep. I'm curious

OIIIIIIIO

JK_Dave
01-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Very little to the Jeep brand. You'll see more cross sharing across the Chrysler brand though. The only changes we're likely to see come soon would be from mandated government requests for better fuel economy. I've heard rumors of the Wranger moving to an IFS setup. :doh: We won't see a diesel unless the new Grand Cherokee diesel meets sales expectations in the US.

MayaItani
01-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Very little to the Jeep brand. You'll see more cross sharing across the Chrysler brand though. The only changes we're likely to see come soon would be from mandated government requests for better fuel economy. I've heard rumors of the Wranger moving to an IFS setup. :doh: We won't see a diesel unless the new Grand Cherokee diesel meets sales expectations in the US.

I wouldn't mind better fuel usage

OIIIIIIIO