My next step...need coil/tire/general opinions & knowledge

I've been searching non-stop trying to us together my next step "up" on my '13 JKU. I currently run OME 2.5" springs with Bilstien 5100 (for 2-4" lift) and 33" Cooper STTs. I have the stock control arms.

I love the way it rides and drives, but I'm treating myself to 35's.

Herein lies my questions:

What are your (all opinions welcome) recommendations for suspension/ modifications at us point? I currently run 3.73 gears, stock D44/D30 combo, and to be honest, she's predominantly a daily driver with aspirations of more and more off-road use!

I've heard nothing but great reviews on he plush-ride coils, and I'm thinking of getting a set of 3". I'd go 4", but I'd rather not have to worry about drivelines right now, since I ultimately plan on (3-4 years down the road) swapping out axles and going to 37's. 5.13's, coilovenrs, Air lockers, and enough armor to choke a donkey...

SOOO...with the 3" Plush Rides, can I get away with keeping my shocks and stck LCA's, or will I lose my great ride?

Or shoud I just stuff the 35's on and be done with it?

Pictures and setup that works for you are greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the rambling, but I know I can count on the group here on Wayalife for sound advice!

Current stance:

ADE10D2A-FCAE-4CF1-A4CF-DC99C4084066_zpsdn0ml3zg.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been searching non-stop trying to us together my next step "up" on my '13 JKU. I currently run OME 2.5" springs with Bilstien 5100 (for 2-4" lift) and 33" Cooper STTs. I have the stock control arms.

I love the way it rides and drives, but I'm treating myself to 35's.

Herein lies my questions:

What are your (all opinions welcome) recommendations for suspension/ modifications at us point? I currently run 3.73 gears, stock D44/D30 combo, and to be honest, she's predominantly a daily driver with aspirations of more and more off-road use!

I've heard nothing but great reviews on he plush-ride coils, and I'm thinking of getting a set of 3". I'd go 4", but I'd rather not have to worry about drivelines right now, since I ultimately plan on (3-4 years down the road) swapping out axles and going to 37's. 5.13's, coilovenrs, Air lockers, and enough armor to choke a donkey...

SOOO...with the 3" Plush Rides, can I get away with keeping my shocks and stck LCA's, or will I lose my great ride?

Or shoud I just stuff the 35's on and be done with it?

If you run 3" Plush Ride coils, you will need new longer shocks or else you will not be able to flex your Jeep as much as it can. At that height, you will want a set of adjustable front lower control arms to add a little positive caster back. Also, at that height and with longer shocks, you will need a new front drive shaft as you will ruin your factory one. If this is starting to sound like a bad idea, I would just trim your fenders and run 35's as is.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If you run 3" Plush Ride coils, you will need new longer shocks or else you will not be able to flex your Jeep as much as it can. At that height, you will want a set of adjustable front lower control arms to add a little positive caster back. Also, at that height and with longer shocks, you will need a new front drive shaft as you will ruin your factory one. If this is starting to sound like a bad idea, I would just trim your fenders and run 35's as is.

Eddie,
This may be the right thread to ask this, but I'm in the same boat as jeepsterchris. Only my question is that if I have the RC 3.5" lift now, can I just throw on a set of 3" plush rides without changing LCA's? The lift came with fixed lower control arms to correct caster. Will they suffice with the plush rides installed?

Top Bottom