37's on 2.5 inch TF.....is it possable

Mustafa

I'm torn do I stay with 35's and be happy or try to stuff the 37's or just lift more? My question is with the aftermarket Xeon flairs that are currently on it or the Smitty XRC fenders that are ordered for it .....will they clear??? I have the 37's from my pull truck just sitting in storage and its killing me Lol.... the 285's gotta go man.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm torn do I stay with 35's and be happy or try to stuff the 37's or just lift more? My question is with the aftermarket Xeon flairs that are currently on it or the Smitty XRC fenders that are ordered for it .....will they clear??? I have the 37's from my pull truck just sitting in storage and its killing me Lol.... the 285's gotta go man.

yea it is possible. Hinrich did it for a while. all he needed to do was do a little extra trimming in the rear to make sure they didnt rub a lot at full flex.

here is his build thread if you want to check it out.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4089-Hinrichs-build&highlight=hinrich

10frank9

Web Wheeler
There was also some dude on here... His name escapes me but he ran 37" BFG Km2s on a TF 2.5" lift, super long shocks and his coils used to unseat.

At any rate it can be done just make sure you clear the pinch seams and run the appropriate length shocks and bumpstops.

1BAMFR

There was also some dude on here... His name escapes me but he ran 37" BFG Km2s on a TF 2.5" lift, super long shocks and his coils used to unseat.

At any rate it can be done just make sure you clear the pinch seams and run the appropriate length shocks and bumpstops.

+1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bbailey

Banned
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388855942.488179.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388855973.751996.jpg

Easily doable. Here's mine from about 6 months ago, prior to coil-overs. AEV Budget Boost. 37" MTR's. Takes a lot of trimming in the rear and plan to either trim your front bumper or run a stubby, otherwise you'll rub there too. Lastly, wheel offset. I had to run 1.5" spacers with the Pintler Beadlocks to not rub at full lock.

All that said, the jeep got tons of compliments. And I barely run it higher now with coil-overs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
... Nice well that settles it then I would rather stuff and regear and not drag allover.

I'm sure I'm the minority here but, just because you can do something doesn't always mean it's a better setup especially when it comes to wheeling. Running 3" of lift and 35's, there really wasn't too many trails that I could run and that includes the Rubicon. 37's are nice and look great but, if you're doing this to wheel your Jeep hard, they'll put a lot of strain on your axles and drive shafts and I would argue that you won't get near the amount of stuff that you could if you were to run 35's. I run 37's now and with trimmed factory fenders and body and still rub a bit with just 3.5" of lift. Just something to consider.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm sure I'm the minority here but, just because you can do something doesn't always mean it's a better setup especially when it comes to wheeling. Running 3" of lift and 35's, there really wasn't too many trails that I COULD NOT run and that includes the Rubicon. 37's are nice and look great but, if you're doing this to wheel your Jeep hard, they'll put a lot of strain on your axles and drive shafts and I would argue that you won't get near the amount of stuff that you could if you were to run 35's. I run 37's now and with trimmed factory fenders and body and still rub a bit with just 3.5" of lift. Just something to consider.

Fixed it for ya.

I agree with WOL. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Last edited:

Mustafa

I see both side i have a set of new 37 inch toyo mudders just wanted to use em but i dont know how much i want to cut up the jeep its still has happy tags on it. Ill just suck it up and get another set of 35's.....its only money i guess lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DallasJKU

I have same Dilema with mine. I know the 37's will look sweet, but to do it right it will cost me a lot of money. I think I will just enjoy the 35's for now and then when I have this paid for in 2 years I will take to next level.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I agree with Eddie. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Im no expert, but at 2.5" and 37s, you would have less articulation than you would with a stock Rubicon, and possibly, have a LESS capable Jeep in certain environments. I LOVE the way 37s look, but Im realistic, and 35s work for me.

meep97

I see both side i have a set of new 37 inch toyo mudders just wanted to use em but i dont know how much i want to cut up the jeep its still has happy tags on it. Ill just suck it up and get another set of 35's.....its only money i guess lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll trade ya my 35s for your 37s!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad you corrected Eddies statement. I was a little worried.

LOL!! Yes, thank you Sharkey for fixing that for me. I have always said and will still say that 3" of lift done right and 35" on a JK with full factory fenders is one of the best setups you run. It'll give you the clearance you need to take on pretty much any trail and do so without putting too much strain on your drive train or significantly effecting your suspension geometry. If it weren't for the fact that I can afford to do so much more, it would have been my ideal setup.

Top Bottom