shocks

Anyone running walker evan shocks? opinions on them with evo plush rides? looking at new options dont need resevoir dont do high speed desert just looking for smoother road handling have not yet installed said lift coils looking for a good matching shock first

thanks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Anyone running walker evan shocks? opinions on them with evo plush rides? looking at new options dont need resevoir dont do high speed desert just looking for smoother road handling have not yet installed said lift coils looking for a good matching shock first

thanks

never run walker evan shoxks but i run the bilstein 5100's. GREAT shock. very smooth. my tera flex coils are stiff and it helps take a lot of the stiffness out of the ride.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
What's a good shock to run on a stock two door?

As most people on here would recommend, go with Bilstein 5100 or Rancho RS7000MT, both should be available for stock ride height. I'm going with Rancho's when my Rough Country shocks are completely shot.

bl17z90

If you don't mind spending the extra coin the kings are great shocks and I'm pretty sure they are custom valved for the JK if you buy them from Offroad Evolution.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run them on my TJ and when they were working, they felt pretty good but, I had one seize up on me while on a long trip across the desert. Totally sucked. Not sure I would recommend them.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

My pregnant girlfriend and I have been very happy with the Fox Factory Performance Shocks. Hard to say they're stiffer, but more supportive than the stock sport ones. Not a ton of miles on them yet but they are pretty awesome for right around $100. I think I got them for $105-$110 and used google shopping for free shipping at quadratec.

Being that im in Ontario i dont know if Northridge up here carries the King ones from offroad evolution i should call stan and ask!

I am leaning towards either Fox or King they seem to be top dogs in suspnesion for offroad and many other sports so they have done their testing and looks to be great quality.

They are being mated with 4" evo coils and and array of other suspension components

biggy

Being that im in Ontario i dont know if Northridge up here carries the King ones from offroad evolution i should call stan and ask!

I am leaning towards either Fox or King they seem to be top dogs in suspnesion for offroad and many other sports so they have done their testing and looks to be great quality.

They are being mated with 4" evo coils and and array of other suspension components

Stan can get anything from Evo.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Eddie,
What ones are you talking about?

list price on rancho 9000xl are around 110 a piece, if you buy their 2" sport kit for around 400 bucks, you get front springs rear spacers bumpstops and brakeline brackets. really good deal if you want shocks and extra stuff.

whats the difference between rancho 7000 and skyjacker 7000 hydro for 40$ looks like a basic plain jane shock to me? anyone know?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
whats the difference between rancho 7000 and skyjacker 7000 hydro for 40$ looks like a basic plain jane shock to me? anyone know?

i had the skyjackers. i had the 2" BB lift. the shocks are as stiff as rocks. i would steer clear from them if i were you.

Top Bottom