Upgrade My Shocks

DLowe27

I have a Rubicon Express 4.5" long arm installed on my 4dr JK and am not all that happy with the shocks from the factory just wondering what people are running in their vehicles. I have heard great things about King and Fox, but also have seen Fab-tec reservoirs as well they are all about the same price just not sure what to run. I want something that is strong as well as nice ride quality

DirtyJeeP

I have a Rubicon Express 4.5" long arm installed on my 4dr JK and am not all that happy with the shocks from the factory just wondering what people are running in their vehicles. I have heard great things about King and Fox, but also have seen Fab-tec reservoirs as well they are all about the same price just not sure what to run. I want something that is strong as well as nice ride quality

I have the RE 3.5 Long arm and currently am running Bilstein 5100's. They work for now until I decide to upgrade my suspension and install C/O.
I guess it depends on your price point and what your looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Just out of curiosity, what is it about your shocks that you aren't happy with? You are aware that most of your ride quality comes from your coils, right? Unless you're bombing through desert washes for miles on end, there really is no need for reservoir shocks.

Panda

I'm am also not happy with the road ride of RE coils they are great off road but rough on the highway I plan to get some evo coils when I can afford the long arms

Sent from bad apples...

Rancho

Caught the Bug

What do you want to spend?
What is your driving style? A lot of on road?
As WOL mentioned coils play a large part.

DLowe27

I understand and agree that the coils are a large part of the ride quality. But I feel like the shocks are almost too weak if that makes any sense. Almost like they were not made for a long arm kit but maybe an eco lift

DLowe27

Also price is not that much of an issue anymore i have put about 6000 in lift and suspension parts I really am now just being picky

Rebel JK

I understand and agree that the coils are a large part of the ride quality. But I feel like the shocks are almost too weak if that makes any sense. Almost like they were not made for a long arm kit but maybe an eco lift
a

By too weak what do you mean? Not enough compression or rebound dampening?
Like Eddie said the right spring setup is most important. Im no expert on jeep suspension but spent many years on motocross tracks/desert bikes and the setups vary quite a bit depending what you are looking for.

Top Bottom