Lift kit ideas please

CRubi14

I have a 2014 JKU rubicon and want to do a lift. Was thinking of a teraflex 3inch and eventually running 37s want to know what you guys think. And would i be able to do away with out changing my 4:10s. If anyone has a set up like this if you wouldnt mind posting some pics so i can get an idea of how it would look. Thankyou

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So you know, the TeraFlex 3" lift will yield over 4" when all is said and done so, if you do get this kit, I would highly recommend that you get something like an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit. I would NOT recommend that you run their front track bar as I have seen more than enough break. Also, being that you have a 2014, you will want to make sure that you budget for a new double cardan front drive shaft as you will ruin your factory one with this much lift. Aside from that, you should be aware that the coils are on the firm side and if it were me, I opt not to get the shocks that the kit comes with as they are just old school hydros. If it were me, I would get a set of Rancho 7000 MT's as they are still affordable a will help provide a better ride. Aside from that, if you plan on flexing your Jeep on the trail, you might want to get bushing rebuild kit as TeraFlex control arms tend to blow out their bushings.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
i'd suggest getting your skids plates, tire carrier for the 37's, gussets, front drive shaft and wheels and tires first. you can have more time to research exactly what you want and probably change your mind a few times on which "kit" to go with.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
My advice to a fellow new Jeeper would be to take your time and look at all the different options out there. As these other guys have pointed out, there's a lot more to getting a lifted Jeep with big tires than just grabbing a lift kit. I've learned a lot from fellow member's experiences and it's helped me plan out my budget accordingly. If I hadn't done research first, I wouldn't have planned for my front driveshaft (to replace the factory unit that can't really handle over a 2.5" lift) or for new wheels to clear the new lift (although you can run spacers too if you're comfortable with them). I also thought I got the badass Rubicon so wouldn't need to mess with my axle, but found that without at least a C- gusset on the front that 37's could bend my axle tube. Replacing your differential gears also makes a large difference to your ride despite them not being much fun to buy/install.

Figure out how much you want to spend, either now or in the long term; decide what supporting mods you need to support the tires you want to run or the trails you want to do; factor that into your budget and decide where to go from there.

Start reading through some of the many articles that have been posted up here and you'll get a head start to your build. :thumb:

SaddleTramp

i'd suggest getting your skids plates, tire carrier for the 37's, gussets, front drive shaft and wheels and tires first. you can have more time to research exactly what you want and probably change your mind a few times on which "kit" to go with.

Great advice, if I would have gone with my first few decisions that I thought were best, I would have wasted a lot of money and had a lot of headache to get where I'm at now.

Top Bottom