Tom woods 1310 front shaft

Atch

Lookin at the tom woods 1310 front shaft on quadratec for my 2014 2 door sport I was wondering if this is a complete set up and bolt it right up or do I have to buy other pieces separate here's the link but idk if it'll work

http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pgid=52301+98X0

As Eddie has pointed out numerous times woods uses a cheap Chinese u-joint unless you pay to upgrade to a high quality u-joint. I'd recommend a coast 1310 over the woods. If you use promo code WAYALIFE it's cheaper too!

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/coast-jk-1310-front-drive-shaft

You would also need front lower control arms to set your pinion angle regardless of which driveshaft you choose.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As Eddie has pointed out numerous times woods uses a cheap Chinese u-joint unless you pay to upgrade to a high quality u-joint. I'd recommend a coast 1310 over the woods. If you use promo code WAYALIFE it's cheaper too!

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/coast-jk-1310-front-drive-shaft

This is 100% correct and what I would recommend as we'll. that or a JE Reel.

You would also need front lower control arms to set your pinion angle regardless of which driveshaft you choose.

Actually, this is not correct. With 3" of lift, you would want adjustable lower control arms up front to set your "caster" - not your pinion angle. Up front, caster needs to take priority. You only set your pinion on the rear and for that, you would need adjustable upper arms. :)

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have front and rear Adams driveshafts and i love them. Price was really reasonable too. They use neapco standard but do offer Spicer joints.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So if I get a zone off road 3 inch kit and a coast 1310 shaft I still need to get lower control arms??

"Need"? No. "Recommend"? Yes. Without them, your caster will be off enough to cause your Jeep to feel flighty at highway speeds. New adjustable front lower arms will allow you to add back a little positive caster and that will make your Jeep drive straighter. Again, this is done for CASTER, and NOT your pinion angle.

dhughes

Banned
So if I get a zone off road 3 inch kit and a coast 1310 shaft I still need to get lower control arms??

I don't think you will need them. The zone lift only gives you 3" of lift unlike others that give more than advertised. I'm still running stock arms up front and it drives fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you will need them. The zone lift only gives you 3" of lift unlike others that give more than advertised. I'm still running stock arms up front and it drives fine.

Again, you will not "need" them but, they will allow you to add back some positive caster and make your Jeep handle better. Just because you don't feel the need to have them doesn't mean your Jeep wouldn't drive better on the highway if you did have them.

Sugarbear

I'll prolly just get upper and lower arms I might as well do it while I'm there all my family members run Clayton off-road adjustable short arms any opinions on those ??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll prolly just get upper and lower arms I might as well do it while I'm there all my family members run Clayton off-road adjustable short arms any opinions on those ??

As you know, they are square if that matters. Otherwise, they are good arms that have clevite bushings at the frame and Johnny Joints at the axle.

Top Bottom