Need help

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Alright so I don't no what I should do with my 2 door rubicon 2013 I was looking at running 37"s I still wanna do that but don't no what I should do for lift all that . Iv been looking at he metal cloak system and also the Eco systems any help would help I'm confused gaha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, why don't you start by telling us what kind of budget do you have to work with? Any reason in particular that you are looking at the kits that you are? Or, is it just a matter that you've been "hearing" a lot about them? Do you know what you want out of your lift?

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Well, why don't you start by telling us what kind of budget do you have to work with? Any reason in particular that you are looking at the kits that you are? Or, is it just a matter that you've been "hearing" a lot about them? Do you know what you want out of your lift?

Budget is going to be around 10,000 could do a lil more pry close to 13,000 so looking to do a good build i like the metal cloak stuff bc it's different but haven't had anyone really post a good review of testing and stuff and I'm looking at the Eco coils bc them seam tested and have all great reviews from everyone that iv spoke to .... I wanna be able to run the stuff u run Eddie being able to run Deseret and also rocks ... Being stock I push mine to it's limits now

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Budget is going to be around 10,000 could do a lil more pry close to 13,000 so looking to do a good build i like the metal cloak stuff bc it's different but haven't had anyone really post a good review of testing and stuff and I'm looking at the Eco coils bc them seam tested and have all great reviews from everyone that iv spoke to .... I wanna be able to run the stuff u run Eddie being able to run Deseret and also rocks ... Being stock I push mine to it's limits now

Well then, I guess you need to decide what's more important to you, running something that's new and still untested but "different" or, something that's very tested with great reviews and capable of being pushed to the limits. Yes, that was loaded but really, you do see where I'm coming from, right? What I can tell you is that you should talk to MTG, he's running the EVO Enforcer kit with 37's and ran the JKX with me. It really is every bit as good of a lift as everyone says and I personally would recommend it. Of course, at $13k you should be able to run EVO bolt on coil overs too. That's what we are running on our 2012 JK.

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Well then, I guess you need to decide what's more important to you, running something that's new and still untested but "different" or, something that's very tested with great reviews and capable of being pushed to the limits. Yes, that was loaded but really, you do see where I'm coming from, right? What I can tell you is that you should talk to MTG, he's running the EVO Enforcer kit with 37's and ran the JKX with me. It really is every bit as good of a lift as everyone says and I personally would recommend it. Of course, at $13k you should be able to run EVO bolt on coil overs too. That's what we are running on our 2012 JK.

Was he at the kick off run ? If so I remember his jeep ... Yea i need to go talk to Mel and see all the different stuff I can do haha and ya I get what you mean the loaded question thing haha have you heard anything about there product

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Was he at the kick off run ? If so I remember his jeep ... Yea i need to go talk to Mel and see all the different stuff I can do haha and ya I get what you mean the loaded question thing haha have you heard anything about there product

Have I heard anything about what product? MetalCloak? If so, yeah, they're great at marketing their products and have gimmicky names for everything and flashy packaging. I personally think their coils are ridiculously silly and their shocks way too expensive for what you get. Their bushings might be the only thing that might have some substance but then, everything is all too new and the jury is out on them. Question is, do you want to spend your money testing things that may or may not be as good as what you know you can get? Or, do you want to get out there and play with confidence?

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Have I heard anything about what product? MetalCloak? If so, yeah, they're great at marketing their products and have gimmicky names for everything and flashy packaging. I personally think their coils are ridiculously silly and their shocks way too expensive for what you get. Their bushings might be the only thing that might have some substance but then, everything is all too new and the jury is out on them. Question is, do you want to spend your money testing things that may or may not be as good as what you know you can get? Or, do you want to get out there and play with confidence?

Good valid points .. I half to find time to make it Fullerton from riverside to go see Mel haha

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm running the EVO Enforcer on my 4-dr Rubi also on 37's. I was at the kickoff run with u Tweetie. I had the billet silver with the trasharoo on the back. I have Rancho shocks and I can tell you I was ripping through the desert and those washboard roads with no problem. Flexes great and the ride is really nice. Let me know if I can answer any more questions about my setup. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Good valid points .. I half to find time to make it Fullerton from riverside to go see Mel haha

Why do you have to talk to Mel?

With $13k you'd be stupid to run anything but bolt on coilovers. I will guarantee you won't be able to keep up with coilovers in the desert with the metal cloak lift or any other. That is a lot of money to run a spring and shock setup.

All EVO's prices are on there site btw.

ttfhell

I'm running the EVO Enforcer on my 4-dr Rubi also on 37's. I was at the kickoff run with u Tweetie. I had the billet silver with the trasharoo on the back. I have Rancho shocks and I can tell you I was ripping through the desert and those washboard roads with no problem. Flexes great and the ride is really nice. Let me know if I can answer any more questions about my setup. :thumb:

No 10frank9 you were ripping through the dessert not the desert. Stay on topic please.

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Yea the 13 k is going to be for my hole build so numbers winch armor sort cage truss and gust axel re gearing wheels tires all that stuff so that's were I'm gunna run running out of money haha

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Why do you have to talk to Mel?

With $13k you'd be stupid to run anything but bolt on coilovers. I will guarantee you won't be able to keep up with coilovers in the desert with the metal cloak lift or any other. That is a lot of money to run a spring and shock setup.

All EVO's prices are on there site btw.

I hate pricing stuff out on the internet and all that would rather talk with someone then click it wanna make sure I no what I'm getting

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That a deal ... How much lift is that on a 2 dr

You can do 3.5" to 5" out of the box. You can get lower if you want.

Do some reading on here about lifts. There are a lot of threads with info and most every question will be answered. If you still have them ask away.

Top Bottom